Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Cox confirmed as a Crawley Town player

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Strange one. With all due respect, you'd have thought he'd have had better offers than Crawley. It was said Pompey (#twats) were interested, and presumably they'd pay heftier wages than our nearest neighbours.

Then again, it looked like he could have easily left Orient several years ago for more money, so perhaps he's just a nice guy who isn't entirely motivated by money and likes the idea of a short commute from his home in Mid Sussex.

(No, I'm not suggesting he could still do a job at Championship level, before anybody says it).

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
That's a real quality signing for them. Possible top half which would represent a good season in a tough League Two division this season.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I might pop and watch him play I always thought he gave a hundred % when playing for the Albion a very good crosser of the ball.
Good luck

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Provided me with my funniest Albion moment, ever...

weedance.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Where is this move reported as done as Crawley Observer saying they want to do it but he is ineligible to play until January. Not disputing it but cant find it confirmed anywhere

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Where is this move reported as done as Crawley Observer saying they want to do it but he is ineligible to play until January. Not disputing it but cant find it confirmed anywhere

[tweet]774355925629038593[/tweet]

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Cox has confirmed (a) his signing and (b) that he can't play for them until January.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Thank you that is obviously a tweet as it is not reported on BBC or Sky or any newspapers.

Don't even think Crawley Town's ever-so-efficient media department have announced it yet. That account is definitely their manager though.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
To my mind, Dean Cox is another Ashley Barnes. A player bafflingly underrated by a large percentage of our fans. I'll always love tiny Cox. Hope he does well at Crawley.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here