Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

i360 buggered

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
she has photos with Tony bloom bruno and chriss

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

He wasn't on it. Their turn was cancelled after it got stuck.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He wasn't on it. Their turn was cancelled after it got stuck.

Looking at my Twitter & FB there were 1901ers on the stuck flight and Hughton & Bruno were either on it or next on.

Massive **** up to be honest. Getting stuck on local VIP night is a disaster. I won't be going on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Was supposed to be going tonight but work meant I didn't make it.

Hope they gave everyone tea and coffee half way up.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Looking at my Twitter & FB there were 1901ers on the stuck flight and Hughton And Bruno were either on it or next on.

Massive **** up to be honest. Getting stuck on local VIP night is a disaster. I won't be going on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ivor Caplin tweeted a picture of himself and Hughton say that there was to be 'no flight'. It's the plastic loo that amuses me most. I'm guessing that was there for the special 'Withdean memories' section of the presentation.

D

Deleted User X18H

Oh it was awful. People being sick and men crying.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
she has photos with Tony bloom bruno and chriss

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

So has my friend on Facebook, but it wasn't in the pod, because it wasn't working. The pod got stuck for two hours. It then returned to ground level, but all trips after that were cancelled. There were still drinks available for the 1901ers, elsewhere.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
100000+ have already been on it - how many are needed to repay the loan?

A good start anyway (apart from the break down)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Would have been on the 7.30 flight, but everyone's got cancelled, the 7pm after they'd got on. Still quite an enjoyable night with friends from our lounge, plus talking to some of the players which was nice.

Apparently, we'll be getting a ticket that can be redeemed in the future.......

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
To be fair, it couldn't have been more appropriately choreographed for the 1901 Club [sic]

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
What a complete shambles. Whoever was in charge today/tonight shouldn't be tomorrow. Fair enough that breakdowns happen. But after a test (Where it seemed to me to stay at the top longer than usual), they decided to proceed with the 7:00 "flight" at 8:30. We queue up to go through security and are then herded into an area that isn't big enough to hold 250 people. Prolonged what while they "clean the pod" which seems to involve turning the lights off a few times and lifting up floor panels. All the time with people scurrying around underneath. Finally the building doors open - but not the pod doors. Then the doors close again. And then open again. Man inside pod looks perplexed and scurries around some more. Then the doors close again. Staff peer out from the CCTV/control room and the doors open again. And then close again. Repeat a few more times and then there is a very noticeable burning smell. OK - time to prepare for cancellation. But no.

We are herded round the back through the storage area that has the contents of the shop they have to move every time they have a private function. And we emerge by the other door - right by bemused people having a drink. So much for the metal detectors - anyone could have sneaked on through the back door. On we go and people order their "champagne" which is Nyetimber fizz only to be charged £10 a glass. And there we stay. 10 minutes later there is an announcement about a technical hitch. 10 more minutes later and people start filing off. 5 minutes later there is a SASTA announcement and some muttering about being comped. Queue a hasty exit past a disgruntled looking TB asking their staff of this was the first breakdown.

You make the national papers with a breakdown with VIPs on board and then when you have more VIPs as well as hundreds of people at a private function, you perform a cursory test and then ignore a stuck door and very strong electrical burning smell and still try and operate? It's elf and safety not gone mad! No idea how we go about claiming our comp but I won't bother again. Not with the way they deal with risk assessments according to what I saw. Only because I am stubborn and had partaken did I go on - I know some people who didn't/wouldn't even before the new problems.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here