NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
134k now

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Got your tshirt? What is the sizing like?

If I am wearing it and representing I need it to fit!

Not got my tee yet but went for a medium which I hope isn't too flappy....hate baggy clothes. I'll update when it arrives.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
Donated

Have had some of my best nights out at Fabric over the last decade and have seen some of the finest musical talents in the Techno world - Ritchie Hawtin, Seth Troxler, Carl Cox, Luciano, Loco Dice, Jamie Jones, Green Velvet, Sasha, Digweed, Villalobos, Andy Weatherhall to name just a few

It is a travesty that Islington council have been able to have such an important say in London's night culture!

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
The thing I'm unsure of about this whole donation business is, the owners of fabric are wealthy people. Why are they not footing their own legal bills?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The thing I'm unsure of about this whole donation business is, the owners of fabric are wealthy people. Why are they not footing their own legal bills?

They have promised to provide bi-weekly receipts of what the donations are being spent on.

Sure they are wealthy, and Fabric is a profitable business, but they have had no money going into the business for over 4 weeks now, with a lot of outgoings. They also funded the expensive appeal 12 months ago when the original closure was threatened.

I don't think any sane person would risk bankrupt or personal loss to fight this.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
They have promised to provide bi-weekly receipts of what the donations are being spent on.

Sure they are wealthy, and Fabric is a profitable business, but they have had no money going into the business for over 4 weeks now, with a lot of outgoings. They also funded the expensive appeal 12 months ago when the original closure was threatened.

I don't think any sane person would risk bankrupt or personal loss to fight this.

Why would they be risking bankruptcy or personal loss to fight this? One of the owners if I remember correctly is fabulously wealthy, if fabric stays open he will only gain from it.
Not knocking anyone donating, just see how the owners could ask for donations when they are more than capable of covering the expenses themselves.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just under £230k raised. There was talk the council were under a lot of financial problems hence why they targeted the closure of fabric.

Could the council even afford to fight this ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Got your tshirt? What is the sizing like?

If I am wearing it and representing I need it to fit!

T-shirt has arrived and it's a nice fit. I purchased medium and at 5' 10" with a 32 inch waist it's fits perfectly.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
This needs to go to the high court IMO. 1) to set a precedent to stop other police and councils being able to close venues willynilly and also to make sure individuals involved in this farce with personal agendas are brought to light in a public court.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
This needs to go to the high court IMO. 1) to set a precedent to stop other police and councils being able to close venues willynilly and also to make sure individuals involved in this farce with personal agendas are brought to light in a public court.

Totally agree, if Islington council and the met are even considering this then it's safe to say they're going to lose in court. The hearing is less than two weeks away, I hope they see it through to the end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here