Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

fair to say

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Luton really is the most depressing, dangerous and dismal place there is to live or visit. I can't describe how bad it is, well it makes Crawley look like Los Angeles. Racial tension just grows and is a breeding ground for terrorism. Horrible. :down:

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
I live just off Jimmy Street and it doesn't faze me. It's got some problems but it's nowhere near as bad as made out. Lots of colourful characters around but I've never felt any more than mild irritation. Just thankful that life has been kinder to me.

Exactly great place Jimmy Street. A community just like a village. I must know you to nod to or at least recognise. People living in places worth fortunes and others with f.ck all in a hostel and the main in between. Nothing's ever dull!

Jan 30, 2008
Luton really is the most depressing, dangerous and dismal place there is to live or visit. I can't describe how bad it is, well it makes Crawley look like Los Angeles. Racial tension just grows and is a breeding ground for terrorism. Horrible. :down:

yep , walking down the road from the away end and seeing those foreign looking faces peeking through the windows
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
Exactly great place Jimmy Street. A community just like a village. I must know you to nod to or at least recognise. People living in places worth fortunes and others with f.ck all in a hostel and the main in between. Nothing's ever dull!

Grand parade's the jewel in the crown, probation office plus a few half way houses to add to the mix, depressing some days:shit:
regards
DR

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
If you think Brighton, or anywhere in Sussex, for that matter, is a disgrace and seedy, then you haven't travelled much, imo. There are far worse places in Britain.

House prices have always been higher than the majority of Britain too. That's why I lived away when I got married.

Yeah Croydon !

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
When I moved to George street in Kemp town in 1977 from the council estate I grew up in I thought I'd found heaven.

And it was far rougher than it is now. I think the OP has just gone soft with age

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Not in the case for Bexhill.
Even the Ministry of Sound were rejected in opening a night club there, due to the noise levels exceeding the sound barrier geared towards the grey brigade :)

I don't know much about Bexhill, been to the football/ cricket ground near the seafront, I thought some of the properties looked pretty tidy in that area.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I don't know much about Bexhill, been to the football/ cricket ground near the seafront, I thought some of the properties looked pretty tidy in that area.

It's a running joke about Bexhill, aka gods waiting room.
There are some very nice properties indeed, probably Cooden amongst the best, Graham Norton as an example.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It's a running joke about Bexhill, aka gods waiting room.
There are some very nice properties indeed, probably Cooden amongst the best, Graham Norton as an example.

Yes there are some really nice houses near that Cooden Beach hotel, I knew Graham Norton lived there only because my wife knows someone that used to live next door to him.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Are you talking to me?

I think someone should just take this city and just... just flush it down the f*ckin' toilet.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Brighton is okay. I lived there for 20 years. Then moved away and realised there is a LOT more to life than endless pub sessions, extortionate living costs and crowds of people. Great place in your twenties and thirties but gets a bit dull after that.
When I returned I realised how filthy and busy the place is and how many posers live there.
Far, far nicer places to live in Sussex. Brighton is a bubble and once you leave you rarely look back.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
quite right, there's nothing more pleasant than home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here