Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Old Firm Derby

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Shame the philosopher Joseph Barton isn't thick enough to actually play the flute like Gazza did. Oh well, he'll just have to settle for an earlydoors red card to establish his hate figure credentials up there then. :wave:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
They are as bad as each other. Both a stain on the British game with significant links to the paramilitaries in their support.

I can remember being at Dublin airport coming back to Gatwick the afternoon after Rangers had lost on away goals to Villarreal in 2006 in the Champions League. We were waiting to board our flight and this Ryanir flight from Alicante came in and off they got, presumably heading back north, a whole plane load of them.......

To say you wouldn't want to get in an altercation with any of them, would be somewhat of an understatement.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I can remember being at Dublin airport coming back to Gatwick the afternoon after Rangers had lost on away goals to Villarreal in 2006 in the Champions League. We were waiting to board our flight and this Ryanir flight from Alicante came in and off they got, presumably heading back north, a whole plane load of them.......

To say you wouldn't want to get in an altercation with any of them, would be somewhat of an understatement.

I've seen similar bell-ends on an overnight cross channel ferry where several of them got hammered and kept the entire ferry awake by singing paramilitary songs (with lovely accompanying Nazi salutes). And let's not forget, for all the drivel they talk about Celtic not being British, it is Rangers fans who smashed up Manchester a few years ago. It's been decades since Celtic fans did anything like that to a British city. I hate the pair of them.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I've seen similar bell-ends on an overnight cross channel ferry where several of them got hammered and kept the entire ferry awake by singing paramilitary songs (with lovely accompanying Nazi salutes). And let's not forget, for all the drivel they talk about Celtic not being British, it is Rangers fans who smashed up Manchester a few years ago. It's been decades since Celtic fans did anything like that to a British city. I hate the pair of them.

I always remember Leicester played Celtic in a 'friendly' back in 2002, that was part of the compensation deal for O'Neil going to Celtic. It was at the old Filbert Street ground, there were over 10,000 Celtic fans turned up for it and they sang 'Where's your Queen Mum gone?' as it was right after she'd died. This was at time of 'Phoenix League' idea too. Wouldn't have either club in the English league ever.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I always remember Leicester played Celtic in a 'friendly' back in 2002, that was part of the compensation deal for O'Neil going to Celtic. It was at the old Filbert Street ground, there were over 10,000 Celtic fans turned up for it and they sang 'Where's your Queen Mum gone?' as it was right after she'd died. This was at time of 'Phoenix League' idea too. Wouldn't have either club in the English league ever.
Utter nobs. You just don't get that elsewhere in Scotland really.

I follow Hibs a bit, and even they can't stand Celtic never mind Rangers.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Utter nobs. You just don't get that elsewhere in Scotland really.

I follow Hibs a bit, and even they can't stand Celtic never mind Rangers.
Follow Hibs a bit , these lovely well behaved innoffensive blokes ?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
celtic talk as much ''drivel'' about not being British.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I'm not disagreeing with you. If Celtic went bust tomorrow, I wouldn't give a toss.
Na Celtic are a well run club financially. Champions league money as well. Its the other mob who went bust. You guys take this sectarian nonsense too seriously, its only a bit of banter.

Last edited:

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Shame the philosopher Joseph Barton isn't thick enough to actually play the flute like Gazza did. Oh well, he'll just have to settle for an earlydoors red card to establish his hate figure credentials up there then. :wave:

Not saying he is,but Barton went to a Catholic school .So i don't think he'd play a Fife.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I've said it before but there are certain posters on here who just can't seem to help telling us how much they hate Scottish football/the 'old firm' - despite professing this dislike they are without fail absolutely all over it whenever it is mentioned. It's like primary school kids when they secretly fancy someone.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I've said it before but there are certain posters on here who just can't seem to help telling us how much they hate Scottish football/the 'old firm' - despite professing this dislike they are without fail absolutely all over it whenever it is mentioned. It's like primary school kids when they secretly fancy someone.

Actually, I agree. I don't understand the dislike of Scottish football. It does sound a little like a pantomime dislike. I've only seen one game up there..Rangers v Arbroath (!) a couple of years ago but I really enjoyed the day. It's really not any different to going to a game down here..lots of people enjoying a day out supporting their team. The sectarian stuff is dull and repetitive but just like at an English game you can screen out the stuff you don't want to listen to. Team Jocko football here !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here