Lancing
Two British Films I think have been overlooked imo

Harry Brown

Shadowlands

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Another vote for Locke - one man, one Range Rover, one motorway, many tonnes of fast pouring concrete, one extramarital affair and the delicious Tom Hardy, what's not to like? Criminally underrated film.

Generally like Shane Meadows and Considine, but Romeo Brass is gash imho.

"You don't trust God when it comes to concrete".

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
For me, on the same level as the excellent "Dead man's shoes " is Paddy Considine's "Tyrranosaur", but hardly anyone ever seems to have seen it.

& agree that the best ever film baddie is Don Logan.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Forgot about The Full Monty, a very good film, especially the older guy who taught them to dance, he was brilliant.
I have seen him in a few things since, a very good actor.

Ashamed to say I can't remember who did the dance teaching. was it Tom Wilkinson.

Has anybody mentioned any Mike Leigh Films? Secrets and Lies springs to mind.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
You're the first I've met that's ever seen it, I'll also go with your Business and Away Days, I'll throw in Nil By Mouth

I haven't seen it mention on here, pedants probably call it a "play" Mike Leigh's Meantime is an absolute work, Phil Daniels Tim Roth Gary Oldman Pam Ferris Alfred Molina Marion Bailey to name a few, I love it..... "It's mud" "I can see its mud!"

Put it this way, you are one of the only people I have met that has seen Goodbye Charlie Bright, and my eldest son as I bought it for him.
Never get bored of watching The Business, brilliant 80s soundtrack.
Away days also has some decent music. I read the book ages before the film came out as I like the author Kevin Sampson.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
For me, on the same level as the excellent "Dead man's shoes " is Paddy Considine's "Tyrranosaur", but hardly anyone ever seems to have seen it..

Was going to mention Tyrranosaur but couldn't be arsed. Wouldn't agree about hardly anyone having seen it, it was massively lauded.

There don't seem to be many Ben Wheatley fans on here or the brilliant Kill List would have got more of a mention. Also Sightseers, his black comedy, another brilliant film of his and of course Brighton's very own, and less brilliant but still watchable Wheatley crime film Down Terrace featuring local actors.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Put it this way, you are one of the only people I have met that has seen Goodbye Charlie Bright, and my eldest son as I bought it for him.
Never get bored of watching The Business, brilliant 80s soundtrack.
Away days also has some decent music. I read the book ages before the film came out as I like the author Kevin Sampson.

The Business is a fantastic guilty pleasure. Switch brain off and enjoy the music, the sweeping Balaeric shots and Dyer in some iconic 80s leisurewear. Up there with Sexy Beast.

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
Another classic 1940's/50's British film that I think has not been mentioned is 'The Blue Lamp' starring Jack Warner, which I believe was the inspiration for the Dixon of Dock Green TV series.

It was filmed in a documentary style format which was revolutionary for the time and mainly on location in Notting Hill, Shepheds Bush, White City and Paddington. The street scenes are a fascinating glimpse of London at that time.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Nuts in May
Secrets and Lies
Babylon
Marvellous

And I'm going to nick the Irish as our own as we often do in sport, so...

Inside I'm Dancing.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The Business is a fantastic guilty pleasure. Switch brain off and enjoy the music, the sweeping Balaeric shots and Dyer in some iconic 80s leisurewear. Up there with Sexy Beast.

There is a new one coming out soon set in Ibiza, think it's called Back in Business.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Don't Look Now
Saturday Night and Sunday Morning
If...
The Innocents

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here