Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

strikers who are free agents

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
From what's left Federico Macheda looks like the best from what's left. Didn't do well for Cardiff last season but has a overall record of 19 goals in 63 Championship appearances (a good portion of those were from bench also)

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
West Brom have decided not to sign Marouane Chamakh after his trial with them. Free agent. Worth a punt?

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
West Brom have decided not to sign Marouane Chamakh after his trial with them. Free agent. Worth a punt?

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk
Straight out of the Nicklas Bendtner school of 'I can't believe the situation is that bad, but...' recruitment.

Last edited:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Straight out of the Nicklas Bendtner school of 'I can't believe the situation is that bad, but...' recruitment.

I went to the Chamakh's Arsenal home debut (Emirates Cup) against AC Milan when he expertly strolled past Gattuso, Seedorf and Nesta be rounding Abbiati and scoring.

I claimed at the time he was "the next Kanu" :lolol:

He scored 15 goals in the next 7 years

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

Joking aside, Bendtner properly managed is a top quality player at this level. I think Hughton would have got the best out of him with a mixture of discipline and gametime.

I think Elvis should be given a fair chance to stake his claim, we have Hemed and Murray who are fairly consistent so we only really need one more and Elvis can be that man.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Joking aside, Bendtner properly managed is a top quality player at this level. I think Hughton would have got the best out of him with a mixture of discipline and gametime.

I think Elvis should be given a fair chance to stake his claim, we have Hemed and Murray who are fairly consistent so we only really need one more and Elvis can be that man.
I said much the same in the Bendtner thread, coupled with my original point here.

Elvis will get his chance, but sadly for no other reason than there's nobody else.
But hey if gets a decent chance and takes it, happy days.

Unbelievably BG is currently bending [MENTION=30752]NooBHA[/MENTION] ear over never signing Van Wolfswinkle.

Like you, under CHs management, I'm struggling to think of any striker, who fits the remit, that wouldn't do well for CH and this current Albion squad.
Hence the monumental levels of frustration (which I'm sure is being felt inside the club as well).

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton

Agree with you re Hughton management skills , and i for one would love Manu to come good , but for me the first sign of a good striker is his first touch and ability to kill the ball dead , be it holding up or when going forward . For me Manu lacks this . You only have to look at Hemed and Murray to demonstrate this and also on the other hand CMS who also sadly couldnt !. . Secondly positional play and everyone knows how bad Manu has been at that re offsides !!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Agree with you re Hughton management skills , and i for one would love Manu to come good , but for me the first sign of a good striker is his first touch and ability to kill the ball dead , be it holding up or when going forward . For me Manu lacks this . You only have to look at Hemed and Murray to demonstrate this and also on the other hand CMS who also sadly couldnt !. . Secondly positional play and everyone knows how bad Manu has been at that re offsides !!

Manu's attitude is so much better this year - He came here as someone we paid almost £2m for and he assumed that fee got him into the team. He didn't seem to grasp the concept of having to work hard in training as well.

He was told he needs to prove himself to get into the side and he is at least working at that now, so who knows he might eventually turn his potential into something more than potential. I too would like him to suceed

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Manu's attitude is so much better this year - He came here as someone we paid almost £2m for and he assumed that fee got him into the team. He didn't seem to grasp the concept of having to work hard in training as well.

He was told he needs to prove himself to get into the side and he is at least working at that now, so who knows he might eventually turn his potential into something more than potential. I too would like him to suceed

Dont make you wrong there and lets hope thats the case . The back room boys obviously saw something in him so lets hope that potential can be reality.. I too though am like big Sam Alladyce . Its all well having potential but you have to deliver at some point .

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Can you indicate how many times, and when, Manu has been offside this season?
I think it's overdone on here. He's an exciting prospect, fast, powerful and direct. If he can get his confidence higher (i.e. by starting to score goals), he might just do something.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Confidence has a lot to do with it as he had a great opportunity when it seemed easier to get the ball on target than miss but he put the shot past the the keepers right post.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Can you indicate how many times, and when, Manu has been offside this season?
I think it's overdone on here. He's an exciting prospect, fast, powerful and direct. If he can get his confidence higher (i.e. by starting to score goals), he might just do something.

I'm slowly coming round to 'team Elvis'. Perhaps there has been a change in attitude and fitness but for me, he seems so much more effective playing down the centre rather than out on the wing. He'll be getting his chance big time if/when injuries kick in so let's get behind him.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Can we club together and buy BG a cake to celebrate his 55,000 post - possibly this weekend :ohmy:
Seems such a short time ago he notched up 50,000 :clap2:

Oh it was :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here