Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does no new striker signal the end of the season's hopes for you?

Assuming no new attacking player is signed...

• I still feel we can make top two

Votes: 54 25.1%
  • I feel we can reach the playoffs

Votes: 122 56.7%
  • I've no faith in us being among the top six

Votes: 36 16.7%
  • Relegation certs

Votes: 3 1.4%

• Total voters

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Not confident at all if we don't add another striker , simply not good enough to rely on Baldock supporting Hemed or Murray , we can't play Murray n Hemed together - no way

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Hmmmmm I stick by my early season prediction: 11th-14th at best, matches our budget nicely I reckon.

No top quality pacey striker, or number 10, no top six.

Last season was a hugely positive "blip."

Unless the plan is to 1-0 the league into submission, we simply cannot compete with our strikeforce.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Hmmmmm I stick by my early season prediction: 11th-14th at best, matches our budget nicely I reckon.

No top quality pacey striker, or number 10, no top six.

Last season was a hugely positive "blip."

Unless the plan is to 1-0 the league into submission, we simply cannot compete with our strikeforce.

It's almost like our two 3-0 wins this season didn't happen.

Matching last season's auto promotion bid seems impossible now given the stronger division. For sure we can make top 6, probably 12 clubs will still be in that bracket come Feb-March. But it feels like a step back

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
In answer to the OP no. Hope springs eternal. Murray is more reliable than Zamora and Wilson and will continue to score. Hemed also has goals in him, as do Knocky, March, Dunk, Murphy, Stephens!, and heaven forfend Baldock. Scoring is not a problem we have had, conceding too many is. Hopefully the strengthening of defence can make the goals we will score count for more points.

FWIW I stand by my top six prediction, top two will be tough though. I'm expecting playoffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I think too 6 is still realistic but id be bloody concerned if Glen or Hemed got a nasty injury over the next few weeks. We are relying of Manu to fill in till January at least as 4th striker and valid competition of Baldock, whose not exactly flavour of the month. I am also a firm believer of not buying someone for the sake of it. I'm sure the club had targets and these targets were either unobtainable (Stephens/Knockaert), or clubs just were not willing to sell due to whatever reason. If the players are not there we will just have to reassess till January. With March coming back it does give the option of just giving Knockhart a free role to roam where ever he like, or pop knockaert and march our wide and play JS in a free role.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
A few thoughts.

Hughton wanted a number 10, ala Pritchard. Personally, I think Knockaert, March or Murphy could all play that role.

Last season we signed Knockaert and Skalak in January. Pre-Knockaert we had scored 31 goals in 25 games, so 1.24 goals per game. Once Knockaert joined we scored 41 goals in 21 games, so 1.95 goals per game. After Skalak started playing it was 35 goals in 17, over 2 goals per game.

So over 46 games, you'd expect us to score more goals this season.

Knockaert scored 5 goals last season, he already has 3 this season.

Zamora and Wilson contributed 12 goals between them. I fully expect Murray score more than 12.

We've replaced Greer and Chicksen with Duffy and Pocognoli so our defence is stronger.

We've replaced Crofts with Norwood.

Of course it would be nice to have another striker in the squad but there's still plenty of goals in this team.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To think there's over 120 sheepeople club lickers who'll be the first ones pissing their panties, in November, when the reality has properly set in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here