Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Postcode Lottery

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
My son can't understand why I don't do the lottery. I pointed out Adam Smith's wise words on the subject. "In order to have a better chance for some of the great prizes, some people purchase several tickets, and others, small share in a still greater number. There is not, however, a more certain proposition in mathematics than that the more tickets you adventure upon, the more likely you are to be a loser. Adventure upon all the tickets in the lottery, and you lose for certain; and the greater the number of your tickets the nearer you approach to this certainty."

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
That was my dads logic when it came to competitions in newspapers and magazines. He'd enter every single one because that way you're more likely to win something you want.

In a 4-5 year spell he won holidays to Barbados & Prague, a weekend break to Madrid, ticket to movie screenings, a TV, seats in a box at Brighton and Goodwood races as well as at a couple of other sporting events etc etc as well as bundles and bundles of random shite that was looked at once so it can pay off.

I've got a friend who does that, she's won a couple of holidays and various bits and bobs. I they won a brand new gas barbecue this summer.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
When i buy a lottery ticket I think of it as buying the dream. On the odd occasion a couple of quid allows my flights of fancy to take wing add daydreams of houses on the beach and lavish gifts to loved ones fill my quiet moments. I get my monies worth. And then I check my numbers and go back to reality until a few weeks or months later when i next tempt fate.

In all seriousness, this is what I do as well. I only ever play the lottery (whichever one) when the jackpot is obscene. I'm not going to win anyway so I may as well not win a huge sum, very infrequently. HOWEVER, and I doubt I'm alone in this, whenever I do the lottery some part of me is actually surprised when I don't win. On the odd occasion I get that email saying to check my account I always think 'Ah yes, I knew I was going to win'. Then I log on.

What is this £3.30 crap!?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Congratulations to this couple from Nottinghamshire who won a cool £200k

:ohmy:

20201005_164453.jpg

I know someone who did the postcode lottery, later moved house and changed her postcode and then her old Street won 30k each only 3 months after she moved. That's one danger with this particular littery

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I know someone who did the postcode lottery, later moved house and changed her postcode and then her old Street won 30k each only 3 months after she moved. That's one danger with this particular littery

Ah, you don't have to live in the postcode, so she should have kept it and then added a new one...

never change your numbers and all that bollox

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
We were going to sign up for the postcode lottery and while on the website looked up previous winning postcodes. Turns out our street had won 3 weeks before. Decided not to as the chances of it coming up again must be tiny.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
We were going to sign up for the postcode lottery and while on the website looked up previous winning postcodes. Turns out our street had won 3 weeks before. Decided not to as the chances of it coming up again must be tiny.

Exactly the same as they were before. Previous results do not affect future lotteries.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here