Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I am in a dilemma, advice please

goldstone68

Aug 31, 2014
darkside
My friend who lives over the road from me and supports another championship team, has asked me if he could come to our home game with his team. I have a spare season ticket next to mine sometimes due to my son working away a lot, now the seats are in the North stand and my questions are would you say, yes that's okay, or get on yer bike and go up the away end. How would you fill about an alien supporter in the North as there are no guarantees he will bottle his feelings.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
My Geordie brother-in-law bought us tickets in the Newcastle end on Saturday because we wanted to sit together. I respectably didn't cheer out loudly for us. Even stood up with them when they scored. Admittedly it was in their posh seats not their singing end.

If he can do the same, I don't see a problem. If he can't behave.. don't do it. It would be disrespectful to you as much as anything else.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
My friend who lives over the road from me and supports another championship team, has asked me if he could come to our home game with his team. I have a spare season ticket next to mine sometimes due to my son working away a lot, now the seats are in the North stand and my questions are would you say, yes that's okay, or get on yer bike and go up the away end. How would you fill about an alien supporter in the North as there are no guarantees he will bottle his feelings.

He's your friend - take him. Hopefully he'll enjoy the experience.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Likely to be OK, although it does depend on which club it has and, more importantly, how the game pans out.

However, if I were him, I'm pretty sure I'd want to be in the away end so I could enjoy a football day out properly. You can beer it up together pre- and post-match easily enough still.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I sat with a Forest friend when we lost 3-2, season before last in the West Upper. No problem at all.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Likely to be OK, although it does depend on which club it has and, more importantly, how the game pans out.

However, if I were him, I'm pretty sure I'd want to be in the away end so I could enjoy a football day out properly. You can beer it up together pre- and post-match easily enough still.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Bring him along, as long as they're a little subtle as to who they're actually supporting on the day then I don't see the harm...

We have a Barnsley fanatic next door and looks like we will both sit in the away end at the amex! Should be a spare seat:moo:

Attachments

• BARNSLEY 188.JPG
    BARNSLEY 188.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 912

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Depends if he is someone who can sit on his hands if his team score. If he can't and I know I couldn't in reverse he needs to go in the away end.

So if he's a fantical fan you don't want him sitting next to you, if he's a part time, fair weather fan you'll probably be OK

It is actually impossible not to leap up if the Albion score, especially if we are a goal down isn't it, or is that just me??? For this reason I have given up sitting in the home end of other clubs playing us, we are often a goal down away from home.

Last edited:

Marmaduke

SE London Seagull
Apr 28, 2010
SE London
There were 5 of us in the Charlton end at the Valley last season.... we struggled to contain ourselves but that was alright.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Let him tag along wearing his teams shirt what could possibly go wrong.....��

No one will say a thing but no doubt someone will post on NSC how angry they were!

Most of us have stood or sat in a home end with mates one time or another. If you are respectful then you will be ok, if you aren't then you may still be ok or you may get a slap depending on who is around you.

goldstone68

Aug 31, 2014
darkside
Sorry guys, there is no secret to who he supports which is Villa and he has lived here many years now.
Thanks for all your reply's, it just you cannot predict how people will react, I'm thinking he should go in the away end as suggested although we are very liberal in our thinking these day's.

goldstone68

Aug 31, 2014
darkside
Sorry guys, there is no secret to who he supports which is Villa and he has lived here many years now.
Thanks for all your reply's, its just that you cannot predict how people will react, I'm thinking he should go in the away end as suggested although we are very liberal in our thinking these day's.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It'll be fine, just point him out to us when you arrive.

:lolol:

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

I took my mate how if a leeds fan to the leeds game. I told him not to celebrate if leeds scored mainly as I wouldn't want him to get a smack in the chops. If you mate cant contain himself I wouldn't offer the ticket. As it happened Albion won 4-0 and he fvcked off home at about 70 mins

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I brought my old boss to the Watford game a couple of seasons ago. He sat quietly and was no trouble....but did have a very smug look on his face.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here