Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two Premier League footballers are set to announce they are gay...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You can almost guarantee that if this "story" is doing the rounds on other clubs forums, there will be a "bet they play for Brighton" comment on every thread.

Premier League would rule us out.

Although it would cause a tizzy among our friends from up the road, if one of the players happened to be one of their own.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
A few weeks ago The Sun On Sunday's front page ran something along the lines of "Mrs Vardy expecting baby". Talk about a slow news day. I read on as it might be triplets or Wes Morgan's which might have made the article interesting. :yawn:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Although it would cause a tizzy among our friends from up the road, if one of the players happened to be one of their own.
However, if they were palace players then at least they wouldn't have to worry about dancing Alan getting frisky with their partners :rock:

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
So why should it with footballers.

Did I say it should? I don't think it should be a big story really. However, if those involved are doing it voluntarily in an attempt to be a role model or if it makes them feel more comfortable about being able to seen with partners etc... in public then that seems quite reasonable.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
However, if they were palace players then at least they wouldn't have to worry about dancing Alan getting frisky with their partners :rock:
Never say never, he doesn't strike me as a man who shirks from a carnal challenge.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
It Shirly is only news because would be the first case of it's type. Sooner that happens and is done with the better so that future 'cases' can be treated with the correct response (oh, OK cool, and good luck on Saturday unless you play for palarse)

Wouldn't be the first. Justin Fashanu came out in 1990.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
So why should it with footballers.
The higher profile. It shouldn't matter but we're at a point where if a football player smokes on his holiday there are sections of the media seemingly wanting a crucifixion as penance. Do you think the same would happen to sportsmen of other disciplines?

Sadly, there will also be the standard small section of knuckle-dragging tosspots who believe that it would be somehow make them a poor role model for kids or some such garbage.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Never say never, he doesn't strike me as a man who shirks from a carnal challenge.
Indeed. The man is a sexual animal.... but can just as easily switch to caring and considerate. I'm sure he wouldn't let the little matter of gender prevent him from yet another conquest.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
The account posting that isn't Sky's, claims to be a "parody account" and mostly only tweets betting offers - so clearly exists to get people to like it by mistake and make referral credit.

The story its linked to is nearly a year old and came to nothing.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
The account posting that isn't Sky's, claims to be a "parody account" and mostly only tweets betting offers - so clearly exists to get people to like it by mistake and make referral credit.

The story its linked to is nearly a year old and came to nothing.

true dat

Screenshot from 2016-08-30 17-04-23.png

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
There is a very well known poster on NSC who is gay and you'd be very surprised who it is .

It really shouldn't be news in this day and age but we do need a breakthrough from some of them and then others in the future won't be such a big deal.

I have no idea who these lads might be but if I was a betting man my money would be on Erik Lamela at Spurs, but whoever it is then good on them - They should be applauded for it

I met Eric Lamela on a flight to Argentina. He looked very much into his very attractive girlfriend. You might need to think again!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here