Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You won't ever eat at SUBWAY again !

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Health warning!

Interesting article in today's daily mail about the standard of food used especially chicken and how long it is kept in the branches of Subway. Will put you off ever eating there. Personally I always thought it was very naff and really no better than McDonald's or Burger King or any of those other hideously poor quality processed food places.

I prefer a bacon sandwich or pork roll and my meat killed humanely regardless of quality.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I'm sure there will be a chef on here before long telling us Subway's food is served in the correct way for discerning customers! :sick:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I once bought a very unpleasant over filled roll at Subway. Never been back since and have no idea what the fuss is about. Is it because the subs/rolls or whatever they are called are overfilled so perceived as good value for money?

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
Shock horror...the Daily Mail with a health warning about food....thank god we have the Daily Mail to keep us all safe.....

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I ate there once. It looked great with all the choices of bread etc. It was tasteless, bland shite and I've never been back.

Don't mind an occasional Burger King / KFC when travelling, I'm not a food snob, but I really can't see the point in Subway when there are ALWAYS better places to get a sandwich from (including pre packed supermarket sandwiches).

I guess people go there because they feel like they're being healthier than going to McDonald's even though they probably aren't. It's definitely not for the quality of the food.

And don't get me started on Nando's.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Its a no story really. Everyone know's or should know that Subway isnt fresh, contains mountains of salt and is not particularly healthy.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Had one a few years ago after our boy said they were really nice, it was horrible the bread is just air filled nothingness and the fillings just tasteless cold

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I’ve always found that Subway in New York is much better than any of the Subway restaurants I tried when I was back in the UK. Maybe it’s the ingredients (wouldn’t have thought so) so perhaps it’s the staff or quality control procedures the franchisee uses. In fact I prefer their stuff to Pret a Manger, who are more expensive and make a big deal about how fresh their food is.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Love a subway when I'm pissed

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
So many bullshitters on NSC.... Never eat McD , never eat Burger King, never eat KFC, now never eat subway.
Never read the Sun
Never watch Sky

As soon as one person mentions it the rest of the usual suspects just jump on the bandwagon..

Lemmings alert.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here