Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T - Plumbing estimate to move a radiator

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
Gentlemen,
Looking to have a radiator moved round the corner of the room roughly 10 feet away from where it currently sits to allow knock through from lounge to kitchen. House is a 6 year old new build, lots of cardboard hollow walls(!), radiator has a wall plate so no piping is under floor, what am I looking at for cost? Radiator obviously reusable and fits the space I want it moved to.

Thank you in advance.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Presumably you'll need the system draining down and re-filling.

So the piping is currently above the floor, inside some boxing. Is the rad moving back where the pipes come from, or does more boxing need to be made? How much new pipe will be required?

You could post a couple of pictures for better guesses, but you're best just getting a plumber to pop in and give you a price.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Gentlemen,
Looking to have a radiator moved round the corner of the room roughly 10 feet away from where it currently sits to allow knock through from lounge to kitchen. House is a 6 year old new build, lots of cardboard hollow walls(!), radiator has a wall plate so no piping is under floor, what am I looking at for cost? Radiator obviously reusable and fits the space I want it moved to.

Thank you in advance.
All depends on how easy the pipes are to access, if they're buried behind walls, then that could be a problem, if the wall is coming down and the pipes can be run under the floor, it shouldn't take more then a couple of hours £100 plus pipework and fittings, hard to say without seeing the job, is it wooden floorboards or concrete? Job might be straight forward, depending on what system you have, airlocks could be a problem when filling back up which could take twice as long to get rid of!

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
Thanks for the advice, I'll arrange some visits for quotes as sounds like there are a lot more factors to consider that my zero knowledge of pipes and plumbing understands.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here