Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No striker then?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I would suggest that one of the main reasons so many folk are up in arms over the Newcastle defeat, is simply because we aren't used to losing games anymore. That has to be a good thing I guess.

Suggesting that we were shit and not competing was not such a good thing. It will be interesting to revisit the Newcastle thread later in the year. Some of the posts were almost hysterical...it was like we were losing at home to Sudbury :rolleyes:

Not suggesting that you were doing that Cowfold Seagull btw.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Suggesting that we were shit and not competing was not such a good thing. It will be interesting to revisit the Newcastle thread later in the year. Some of the posts were almost hysterical...it was like we were losing at home to Sudbury :rolleyes:

Not suggesting that you were doing that Cowfold Seagull btw.

I couldn't agree more. As I have said on several other threads, there are going to be very few teams who come away from St.James's Park with anything other than a defeat this season. Bearing in mind we were down to ten men for a good bit of the second half as well,

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Who? They've all been sold.

My first choice on the wish list was Oliver Burke and he has gone.

I am not that fussed as most of the strikers are not going to set the Championship alight. Not Grabban isn't.

I wished we had signed Demerai Gray. That's one we missed.

Best not to sign a striker than sign a dud one.

Anyrate I would play Knockaert as second striker so it might be to replace Glenn Murray?

el punal

I wonder if Burnleys next bid for Stephens includes apart exchange return for Barnes. As shown on Saturday we are not good enough to compete with the best in this Division and play offs would be considered success Mind that still follows if we did resign Barnes but lost Stephens.

Ever the eternal optimist! I wonder how you would have reacted if you "supported" Derby or Aston Villa or Norwich instead.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Well at least we will know one way or another in just over a day. The squad is looking okay, assuming Dale stays as I,m beginning to think he will, apart from one area. I am pretty hopeful we will sign someone, going until January with three first team strikers and leaving yourself open to having to make do in this area would be potential promotion suicide in my opinion.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Nahki Wells one of the only decent options left who is proven in the championship. Would be perfect for us. Please Tony

Huddersfield, having started off like a house on fire and sitting on top of the league likely to sell their best player to one of the teams chasing them?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Nahki Wells one of the only decent options left who is proven in the championship. Would be perfect for us. Please Tony

Huddersfield's willingness to sell may have diminished given their current lofty position in the League at the moment

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
More reason for us to stop their race to the title which with a full strength side we are more than capable of doing.

They won't win the League. I was sitting with Newcastle people at the match at the weekend who said that they sat back and hit Newcastle on the break up there. He said we were a better footballing team than them, even with 10 men.

He did say though that Wells was by far their best player

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They won't win the League. I was sitting with Newcastle people at the match at the weekend who said that they sat back and hit Newcastle on the break up there. He said we were a better footballing team than them, even with 10 men.

He did say though that Wells was by far their best player

So we need to bring them back to reality. Anything other than 2 wins in our next 2 games would be poor.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
If there is a new striker signing tomorrow, they are doing a good job keeping the media out of it. Maybe another hidden gem from the 2nd division in Spain or a mid table Portuguese side as a total guess.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Please tell me our striker signing won't be one of the Derby rejects. Horrible visions of Nick Blackman holding up a Brighton shirt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here