Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time to announce the truth about Dale Stephens.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Simply because our strength last season was our midfield of Kayal and Stephens and our midfield has been our weakness so far this season.

No it hasn't. Its the fact that we cant defend set pieces at the moment.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We may have been weak in a game (possibly two), but that doesn't mean we are in a weak position. Our strength last season would also include Knockaert, and he wasn't here 12 months ago.

We've replaced Greer with Duffy, we've added Knockaert, Sidwell and Norwood, we've replaced Zamora with Murray.

We're have a much stronger squad than 12 months ago.

Towell (you know, the invisible one) and Skalak since this time last year too.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
completely agree. but why have have on the bench if we aren't going to play him. i thought at half time he was the one player we have that could have made a real difference.
Yes, that's a completely different question - and a very good one. And I haven't even got the foggiest idea of the answer! Sorry!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Towell (you know, the invisible one) and Skalak since this time last year too.
Thank you. So much stronger than 12 months ago I'm forgetting players.

I realise we've lost the god that is Calderon, but I don't think that's really weakened us.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Stockdale deserves one more chance, but the pressure's on him too.

Are you drunk or just plain stupid? Explain to me what Stockdale has exactly done wrong to 'deserve one more chance' ?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Are you drunk or just plain stupid? Explain to me what Stockdale has exactly done wrong to 'deserve one more chance' ?

It is what he hasn't been able to do that's the problem. I know he has had changes in central defenders ahead of him so I am trying my hardest to allow for these things but I am really struggling to have any confidence in him at all so far this season. I am just hoping he sorts these things out. I am sure he will but for now I panic when he is left responsible for anything

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
To be honest most players are going to leave a club/job if they get a better offer financially and a chance to play in the premier league.

They are fully aware that 1 bad tackle could finish their career at any time, and DS has at least had one serious injury.

Unlike us on here, he has no allegiance to the club until we offered him a good deal. That's modern day football I'm afraid.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

I won't stoop to your level of personal abuse,safe to say he's been at least partly at fault for three of the last four goals we've conceded, and IMO,was fortunate to win his place back after the Rotherham game.

Nobody should be undroppable.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They are fully aware that 1 bad tackle could finish their career at any time, and DS has at least had one serious injury.
So he can run his contract down and hope he doesn't get injured, or he can sign a nice new contract :)

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
It is what he hasn't been able to do that's the problem. I know he has had changes in central defenders ahead of him so I am trying my hardest to allow for these things but I am really struggling to have any confidence in him at all so far this season. I am just hoping he sorts these things out. I am sure he will but for now I panic when he is left responsible for anything

Is it ME or does he look to have put a bit of WEIGHT on ?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
apart from in those 17 games in which we didn't concede, and in nearly all of the the 41 games we somehow conspired to er, not lose.
Oh come on, stop being over-protective!

Yes, we did well last season, yes, we finished third with a fantastic points tally and goals scored count. But we did conceded some goals, you must admit. And quite a lot of those were from set pieces.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here