Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LuaLua

Yes played very nicely a rare bright spot in one of the poorest team performances under Chris

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Not on the base of an enthusiastic twenty minutes. I'm not sure about Skalak though. I don't think he should start.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I can't fathom the criticism of Skalak if I'm honest. It appears NSC demands wingers have pace when actually that's only half the story,

Skalak reads the game well, has an excellent range of passes, moves into dangerous areas (often freeing up space for Baldock/Hemed/No.10) and can deliver the ball on a sixpence. He could be swinging in crosses and corners for Dunk/Duffy/Hemed/Murray this season. That makes him far more dangerous than Lua Lua IMO..

And that isn't to say Lua Lua is bad, far from it, but he isn't the player of seasons past. He'll bring the ball to a stop and knock it past the defender. That coupled with a vicious shot can make him dangerous but he doesn't offer the consistent threat or all round quality that Skalak possesses.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
I can't fathom the criticism of Skalak if I'm honest. It appears NSC demands wingers have pace when actually that's only half the story,

Skalak reads the game well, has an excellent range of passes, moves into dangerous areas (often freeing up space for Baldock/Hemed/No.10) and can deliver the ball on a sixpence. He could be swinging in crosses and corners for Dunk/Duffy/Hemed/Murray this season. That makes him far more dangerous than Lua Lua IMO..

And that isn't to say Lua Lua is bad, far from it, but he isn't the player of seasons past. He'll bring the ball to a stop and knock it past the defender. That coupled with a vicious shot can make him dangerous but he doesn't offer the consistent threat or all round quality that Skalak possesses.
Skalak hasn't had good delivery at all so far this season and doesn't track back enough for me. Don't think we're watching the same player!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Skalak hasn't had good delivery at all so far this season and doesn't track back enough for me. Don't think we're watching the same player!

Opinions innit. Chris Hughton and I will have ours, you can have yours ;)

Seriously though, he's clearly an excellent player and he made plenty of defensive runs/tackles today!?!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Lua lua ? Managed fine in the league cup.

He has to start to get the best out of bong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Really, he spent most of the game walking either side of the half way line. Everytime he made a bit of effort he had his hands on his knees puffing for air.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
Looked well up for it tonight. Deserves a start ahead of Skalak?

Anyone does. Skalak is poor very poor. Hughton plays him thinking he'll supply the crosses for Murray to score. He needs benching because he offers nothing.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
As soon as Rosenior is back fit and starting at left-back I think the Skalak critics will be quietened, I can't remember people criticising him last season when that was the partnership down the left hand side.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Can't be if you think Skalak doesn't track back. He's not hit top form yet this season but can't accuse him of not putting the effort in....

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Well meaning nonsense . Skalaks has been dross for a while.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Must disagree I dont think that he was a weak link I thought our weakness was Sidwell and his linking up with Kayal which was non existant and I was disappointed with Bruno.

I felt Bong was markedly better than at Reading, still only a 5/10 for me though. Bruno was average nothing more. Like you I thought Sidwell was awful. I really do feel he should only play in a 4-5-1.

I would play KLL vs Brentford and let Skalak have a little rest.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I felt Bong was markedly better than at Reading, still only a 5/10 for me though. Bruno was average nothing more. Like you I thought Sidwell was awful. I really do feel he should only play in a 4-5-1.

I would play KLL vs Brentford and let Skalak have a little rest.

I would rest Skalak v Brentford but replace him with Murphy, unless we can buy Leadbitter from Middlesbro before Wednesday.
There is always the possibility that March may be ready for selection.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I would rest Skalak v Brentford but replace him with Murphy, unless we can buy Leadbitter from Middlesbro before Wednesday.
There is always the possibility that March may be ready for selection.

Leadbitter, where's that name come from? I thought he was a central midfielder anyway?
I agree about starting Murphy though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here