Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Haha to Spurs.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
The French national side is probably the best in the world at the moment. There's no shame in being the 4th best midfielder in it; especially when you consider he's behind Pogba, Kante and Matuidi who are all exceptional players. Cabaye has 48 caps for France. Benteke has 26 caps for Belgium. Mandanda has 22 caps for France and is very unfortunate to be behind Lloris who is one of the best keepers in the world.

To suggest that Cabaye isn't world class is simply madness. He'd walk into the starting XI of all but 2 or 3 national teams.

The Daily Mail stats don't include the 10 penalties he has won for us in that time.

Also, we got £13m for Zaha, not £10m.
I must have missed the French winning something recently, my bad.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Again, France are the best national team in the world. He has 48 caps for them, so he obviously can get into their team.

It seems odd that you'd leave out the fact that Cabaye also played for PSG when they won Ligue 1 and competed in the Champions League.

Playing for PSG is like playing for Celtic the last few years!

Why has a BIG club not come in for him? Oh yeah, cause he IS NOT world class!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
The French national side is probably the best in the world at the moment. There's no shame in being the 4th best midfielder in it; especially when you consider he's behind Pogba, Kante and Matuidi who are all exceptional players. Cabaye has 48 caps for France. Benteke has 26 caps for Belgium. Mandanda has 22 caps for France and is very unfortunate to be behind Lloris who is one of the best keepers in the world.

To suggest that Cabaye isn't world class is simply madness. He'd walk into the starting XI of all but 2 or 3 national teams.

The Daily Mail stats don't include the 10 penalties he has won for us in that time.

Also, we got £13m for Zaha, not £10m.

Only 10 in two years? Refs are cottoning on to him...

If it was 13million I can only further applaud whoever struck the deal. Is it Prince Charming who does them or one of the others?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's always undisclosed with us .

I assumed that was because palace were always 'flexible' with their repayments.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Playing for PSG is like playing for Celtic the last few years!

:moo:

I think we'll leave this one there pal. Thanks for playing.

Only 10 in two years? Refs are cottoning on to him...

If it was 13million I can only further applaud whoever struck the deal. Is it Prince Charming who does them or one of the others?

It is indeed, yeah. We've not seen him get a major transfer decision wrong yet, so hopefully he sorts this one out.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
How far did they win their league by? you lot are something else..so deluded!

They have made it to the QF's or better in the Champions League for the last 5 or 6 years in a row. They're a top class side full of incredible players. I suppose you didn't rate Ibrahamovic, Di Maria, Verratti or Thiago Silva either?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
They have made it to the QF's or better in the Champions League for the last 5 or 6 years in a row. They're a top class side full of incredible players. I suppose you didn't rate Ibrahamovic, Di Maria, Verratti or Thiago Silva either?

Now you mention those players...Have any of them lowered themselves to the level of playing for Palace?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Stripping Jedinak of the captaincy had more to do with the fact that he wasn't going to be a first team player this season, I think. He's a wonderful defensive midfielder but he can't pass for toffee. Pardew is trying to transition to a more possession based approach and Milé just wouldn't work in that setup.

A few things here. If Jedinak was still at Palace and Pardew wasn't playing him then I think it would almost certainly be for a personality clash rather than style of play. He was an ever-present in your squad last year and a truly horrible player to play against. You probably need a player like that more this season than last. And I think everyone knows he's not the best player but as Freedman said - you don't need to explain what he does and what he brings. It's exactly the same as why Alex Ferguson made Steve Bruce his captain despite being the least skilful player in the team.

Re. the Spurs bid - a work colleague has close connections with a few senior people at Spurs and she assures me that there was a bid and it was around £15m. She might be wrong but there's an awful lot of different sources all saying the same thing.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Benteke and Cabaye are NOT world class...hope that helps clear things up!

download (4).jpg

Hope that helps clear things up!

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
Now, here's another lesson on IRONY. You've just wrote that, after telling everyone on the other thread ('surely palace can't 16/17') that Lewis Dunk wasn't your first choice CB as your mate knows a journalist at a paper and he told you this. Let that sink in. It's called 'irony' - [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] has tried to teach you the meaning... I'm just doing my bit as it's the Summer holidays...

You think Murray is better than Benteke mate. Your opinions are laughable!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here