Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Holla gone

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Just didn't fit into our, and this league's, high octane way of going about things. A lovely stroker of the ball though, and I hope he gets a good chance somewhere to show his skill.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Apart from about three games shortly after he arrived, he was pony. Sideways passing, lightweight, no vision and ONE goal (Leeds I think).

Doesn't say much for the Eredivisie if you ask me. League two standard IMO.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Bold as it is, I'm not sure marketing to time travellers is the way to go.

Lol matey, well played:)

However, as my ex wife used to tell me......'if you can correct it, it means you understood it'..:wave:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Mr%20pickles-poster-season%202.jpg

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Apart from about three games shortly after he arrived, he was pony. Sideways passing, lightweight, no vision and ONE goal (Leeds I think).

Doesn't say much for the Eredivisie if you ask me. League two standard IMO.

The top dutch league is league 2 standard? The same league that produced Robin Van Persie, Luis Suarez, Van Nistelrooy, Robben, Stam, Overmars, Eriksen, Kuyt, Vermaelen, Vertonghen, Park Ji Sung and Kalou to name but a few?

???

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I'd go as far as to say poor man's Jfc

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The top dutch league is league 2 standard? The same league that produced Robin Van Persie, Luis Suarez, Van Nistelrooy, Robben, Stam, Overmars, Eriksen, Kuyt, Vermaelen, Vertonghen, Park Ji Sung and Kalou to name but a few?

???

Absolutely not - but all of those players played for PSV or Ajax (and occasionally Feyenoord who really ought to be better than they are, given their size). And how on earth could you leave out Zlatan, who was genius for Ajax and in his pomp:

[yt]0Egm8jnhKs8[/yt]

I think we brought in Holla from Den Haag, a club roughly the size of Millwall, and that was two years ago when his career was already on a downward slope having left a much bigger and better club in Groningen. I'd say Den Haag were and still are a comparable club to Millwall. Since then, Holla has gone backwards and I doubt they'd be interested in him now. I'd say the worst team in Eredivisie was probably top 7 league 2.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

???

Almost all of those players have been 'produced' by Ajax or PSV. Also a couple of them are shite ???

But yes ofc it's not L2 standard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here