Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Brighton & Hove bus stop?

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I have a least favourite; Upper Drive northbound. In the mid 70s I jumped off at that stop and without looking ahead of me walked straight into the stop and was flattened.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
What's with the new i7 bus route from the station to the eyesore? Never yet seen a bus on the route carrying a single passenger.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
the now defunct Withdean park and ride service.

Well, it's part of the 27 route isn't it so defunct isn't the full story.

My favourite stop the Withdean Park stop. Sit on the grass and wait for the bus in the fresh, London Road fuelled, air.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
The westbound stop on the 700 route at Church Road Portslade as you have the knowledge of leaving the City behind and entering delightful West Sussex before the next stop.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
B+H: Old Trolleybus shelter at the rocket park, Ditchling Road.

Elsewhere: Chelsea, World's End. Appropriately, the terminus stop on the 328 from Golders Green.

PG

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
As a lad it was the stop in Clarke Avenue just round the corner from Amberley Drive. Now it's Churchill Square as it means I am going home on the Coaster to Seaford and all its lovely countryside around Exceat

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Well, it's part of the 27 route isn't it so defunct isn't the full story.

My favourite stop the Withdean Park stop. Sit on the grass and wait for the bus in the fresh, London Road fuelled, air.

You are right. The original Park & Ride bus went down Dyke Road, the 27 goes down Queen's Road.

Have actually got two cars also but got the 27 home this morning as I dropped one of the cars in for a service.

Best bus stop for me is Old Steine for 27 to Westdene. Can always get a seat whereas if you get on at Clock Tower, takes ages to load and a scramble for seats.:shrug:

Having said all this, what a nerdy thread!!!:shrug:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Burwash Road and the 3A ( now the 5A) I would have thought was Timmys ride into the fleshpots of Brighton, after he'd picked up his paper round money from Mr Bullen.

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
I have s favourite and a least liked. My favourite is the one along London Road opposite the old Co-op!
It was and probably is a parade of the Wierd and wonderful if Brighton. My least is the one in Lrwes Road outside the Labour Club when it had a roof I through my niece playfully in the air. Only to look on in horror as she crashed against the roof and landed limp in my arm. My niece survived but not sure about family relationships ???

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I have epilepsy so am not medically allowed to drive- which category do I fall into?

Unable to drive a car on medical grounds and are therefore excluded from the above list.
However the government should provide funding for you for taxi's so you don't have to share a bus with the above mentioned group.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Upper Drive/Dyke Road bus stop, opposite the petrol station. I used to get the bus home from Cardinal Newman from there. I would change onto a 5B in town somewhere. Had to give some of tbe kids a wide berth though as the Whitehawk and Moulscombe kids also got on that bus.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Is HB&B going to collect our suggestions into some sort of calendar for 2017? And then stand half-naked in a seductive pose in front of each of them?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Rottingdean outside the white horse. The absolute hub of the A259, buses taking you to all sorts of wonderful places.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here