Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion **** Pre-match Thread ****

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If they're genuinely considering Rohan Ince at centre back, I'm happy to offer my services.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion **** Pre-match Thread ****

Last season, we mainly conceded via set-pieces away to top sides. From the Reading performance, I don't think that much has changed. Gayle & Mitrovic were probably not their main threats against us. They'll know we are poor on defending corners and free kicks and will ensure their players are well briefed.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Arrived about an hour ago, its ****in freezing. I left Brighton in my shorts, flip flops and sunnies. At the hotel changing into jeans, trainers and jumper.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If it was solely down to the club, they'd probably be playing. As the FA have a concussion policy which all clubs have to follow, they definitely won't be playing.

I thought it was guidelines.

Gayle headache.

Even on the NHS a head scan is an option. it is not as though they were knocked out cold.

Inova

Aug 25, 2016
First real test for Brighton this. Can see Newcastle finally start to show the division how strong they really are. 0-3 Ritchie with one and Gayle with a couple.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Gayle & Mitrovic OUT for Saturday.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
I thought it was guidelines.

Gayle headache.

Even on the NHS a head scan is an option. it is not as though they were knocked out cold.

You may be correct, but any club would be stupid to risk players following an injury of this nature, even if the risk was negligible. Just imagine if either suffered any ill effects during or after the game. I know it's Newcastle we're talking about here but even they couldn't be daft enough to take this gamble.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
You may be correct, but any club would be stupid to risk players following an injury of this nature, even if the risk was negligible. Just imagine if either suffered any ill effects during or after the game. I know it's Newcastle we're talking about here but even they couldn't be daft enough to take this gamble.

They can shine a light in the eye for pupil size or do ahead scan in these scientific days? But there is still a risk of a blood clot or something in the head, so I daresay they are out.

I took the guidelines to apply at all levels of football where they do have access to medical scans.

So it could be Diame and Perez upfront for them. Or even Anita as Benitez has a reputation for playing players out of position?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
So Rosenior out and either Uwe or Ince at centre back. I'm nervous (for different reasons) about either of those options.

Stephens is 'available'. Hughton non committal leaving me feeling half empty on that one. I doubt he'll be in the 18.

Goldson playing in the Auto windscreens ldv vans efl trophy next tuesday. Good news!

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Think we'll see Sidwell start, gives us a lot more defensively than Norwood IMO and I sadly think Stephens has played for Brighton for the last time

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Triple Injury setback rocks Brighton ahead of crunch Championship clash with Newcastle : Brighton Echo

Albion have suffered a triple blow ahead of tomorrow’s away Championship clash with Newcastle (5.30pm kick-off).

Defenders Liam Rosenior and Connor Goldson are not available with medium term injuries and Uwe Hünemeier has not played for nine months. This leaves Brighton with only three fully fit first team defenders.

Chris Hughton is expected to make eleven changes from the side that defeated Oxford United in the EFL Cup.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here