Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shane Duffy - it's a DONE DEAL!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
They reckon £5m straight cash will get our man.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
""Brighton to sign Shane Duffy before weekend after positive talks with Blackburn Rovers over £4m move"

Mail Online today (11:02am).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have you all added an m after the figure by mistake? There is no way he is worth anything like a million pound especially if Uwe is nearly back I would say about £750k top whack. Tommy Elphick went to Villa for alleged £3m and he is not half the player Tommy is about the same standard as his brother Gary.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Have you all added an m after the figure by mistake? There is no way he is worth anything like a million pound especially if Uwe is nearly back I would say about £750k top whack. Tommy Elphick went to Villa for alleged £3m and he is not half the player Tommy is about the same standard as his brother Gary.

Just curious, but how many times have you seen Duffy play?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
We need somebody in quick, Argus are saying Ince is cover for the CB position and that will cost us dearly judging by last nights performance if he was to play there (or anywhere).

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Not many but what I have seen has left me with the impression that he is overvalued.

Just like every experienced player at this level, including our own.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Very odd potential signing unless Dunk is off or Goldson going to be out for 2-3 months longer.

Effectively spending 4M + 20K a week for someone to be on the bench.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Very odd potential signing unless Dunk is off or Goldson going to be out for 2-3 months longer.

squad game.

need good back up even as a sub to go up from this div.

He'll get game time over the season.

Lets move on from this small club mentality

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

How is it odd? Granted 4m is over and above my valuation, but then that is the market we are in.

You must remember last season? We had to bring in Caldy and Ince, we brought Goldson in for wolves/boro and beyond where he thankfully stepped up, we played Murphy as a no.10 when none of our strikers were fit, we had to bring in GG at the tail end despite not getting a game for months on end, we were playing Wilson who looked knackered after a 30 yard dash and the absence of Kayal or Stephens usually meant a point was a good result even at home.

We need strength in depth, and that means players like Duffy on high wages sitting on the bench ready to step in if necessary and/or part of a rotation. It would be nice to be able to do what Burnley did and almost play the same 11-13 all season, but for most clubs vying for promotion it's not going to be possible without squad depth.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I know I will get slated but wouldnt we be better off with an old head like Wes Brown just to sit on the bench or be backup if needed or go to Arsenal Spurs or Chelsea to see what young players they have available for a loan rather than pay £4m. Why did we let GG go if that is the role that is envisaged for Duffy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here