Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shane Duffy - it's a DONE DEAL!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I doubt someone as accomplished as Uwe would be happy to go along with that. It could well mean no game time all season

Tough. Hughton needs 4 first choice CBs in a season with 50+ games, often twice a week, no emergency loans and strong chance of injuries , suspensions and loss of form.
He's the manager. A rather good one. He'll manage it.

Or do you think we should only have 3 in case Uwe or Dunk or Goldson don't like it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Mixed feeling about this - I'm a big fan of Dunk, Goldson and BFG. I'd imagine that at least one of them will be frozen out now. Probably BFG is way down the list but don't forget he's a damn good defender.

BFG can hardly complain he spent more time injured than fit for us. And you need quality competition for places.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We are talking about 4 central defenders who are currently:-

Injured and unavailable.
Injured and not been available for 6+ months.
Available and already on 2 yellow cards.
New and lethal in front of goal :facepalm:

When put like that it would seem 4 isn't enough.

Quite how anyone is going to get 'left on the bench', is beyond me.
I'm prepared to make a sizable wager that Bruno hasn't played his last game at centre back, this season.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ooh, that's tempting.

I'm so confident I'm talking 10 or 20...

...pence, here.

I take that kind of action is too hot for you to handle.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm so confident I'm talking 10 or 20...

...pence, here.

I take that kind of action is too hot for you to handle.
I'm as confident as you, I'm just not as wealthy or flash.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm as confident as you, I'm just not as wealthy or flash.

Feel free to put a consortium together if you are confident enough to take me on.

I'll even split the different and make it 15p.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I am a little confused who is now reported as having a slight hamstring problem so doubtful is it Uwe or Duffy?

Adekugbe apparently picked it up in the u23s 1-0 victory last night at the Amex v Fulham.
Duffy is fit and will be playing today with Dunk.
I suspect Uwe will be on the bench.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thanks for that as I said I was confused.

Slightly OT why do so many players now suffer with hamstring injuries? In my day you was told that they came as a result of not warming up properly and players didnt suffer with them so much or didnt appear to

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
I dont think Goldson will find it hard to get back in the side, as he is young and very talented and i think Duffy if everyone is fit will be a backup, i think if we dont go up Dunk will go at end of year and will then be Goldson and Duffy but if go up we have 4 very good centre backs, i do also think that we if can sign a centre forward and maybe a creative midfielder with the left over 4.5 million that was going to supposedly spend on Pritchard.
Im very excited about the future for brighton and our recruiting side is very good, its also good to see that i thought Manu was a duff but in the two cup games he seems to be performing better, scored goals and also seemed to be winning headers and better movement, yes not ready for first team yet but maybe deserves the odd sub appearance ahead of Baldock.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Thanks for that as I said I was confused.

Slightly OT why do so many players now suffer with hamstring injuries? In my day you was told that they came as a result of not warming up properly and players didnt suffer with them so much or didnt appear to

Think most used too play through them with the aid of pain killing injections

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here