Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bradley Dack

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Norwich manager came out this morning & said he'd be interested in Rhodes too.

Funny old situation with him. Scores goals all over the Championship, finally gets a move to a club that get promoted...and they're looking to sack him off eight months later?

Nobody trusts Rhodes in the Premier League, do they? Lack of pace?

Lack of pace, plus he doesn't seem to be much of a line-leader/big man/play up top on his own. Contrast with Negredo, for instance. I suspect he might be a tad disruptive too. Remember that Karanka started Nugent above Rhodes in their home game against us.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Don't tell me you didn't have a sudden rush of blood when you first saw Orlandi. Even our straightest male fans would not rebuff a chance to hold his hand or sit on his lap; such a handsome & beautiful man.

I'm another Dack fan because of the hair, it's flair hair. CMS's hair fell out when he stopped scoring, it makes a massive difference.

Fernando Torres went from scoring shed loads, to not being able to buy a goal. It wasn't he played for two and a half years, more or less without a break, or that he went to Chelsea, with the weight of a fifty million transfer on his shoulders, it was he had his long, blonde flowing tresses cut to looking like a trendy Islington librarian.
The motto is 'Cut the hair, have a mare'

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Fernando Torres went from scoring shed loads, to not being able to buy a goal. It wasn't he played for two and a half years, more or less without a break, or that he went to Chelsea, with the weight of a fifty million transfer on his shoulders, it was he had his long, blonde flowing tresses cut to looking like a trendy Islington librarian.
The motto is 'Cut the hair, have a mare'

"Keep It long Tied to slong "

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I would welcome this signing based on his stats.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Strikers have to fit the style of the team they play for. Torres suited Liverpool or Atletico beautifully. Not Chelsea and many said that before he actually signed.

Rhodes suits a certain style of team too. That's fine. Most Champ teams who go up seem to totally remake their team and try to be more like Chelsea. I think Rhodes would suit a yo-yo team who go up and stand by their principles. I think he'd bag the goals to keep someone up if done right.

Him and Ings would be lethal as a pairing for a new Prem side of dynamic top Championship players trying to make the step up.

But this thread is about Dack and I still like him for OUR style in a kind of 4-4-1-1 'free' role behind and around the striker (the Baldock position)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lack of pace, plus he doesn't seem to be much of a line-leader/big man/play up top on his own. Contrast with Negredo, for instance. I suspect he might be a tad disruptive too. Remember that Karanka started Nugent above Rhodes in their home game against us.

I would sooner sign Nugent than Rhodes. but not too sure about Dack

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would be happy with either Nugent or Rhodes but think Nugent would get the same number of goals but be cheaper and more likely to be a success in The Premier initially,

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I'd rather we took a punt on Dack than someone like Nugent.

Dack is young and has the potential to improve greatly, and would cost considerably less in fee and wages.

Nugent is only going one way... Downhill

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I would be happy with either Nugent or Rhodes but think Nugent would get the same number of goals but be cheaper and more likely to be a success in The Premier initially,

Not that either are likely targets, but I'd be in camp Nugent, think he'd be a better fit for us than Rhodes.
I see Dack as the sort of player that would play furthest forward in a midfield three with Kayal and Norwood maybe, not a forward in a 442. As to whether he's good enough I wouldn't like to guess, fingers crossed for our scouting network's continued success.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
20+ pages.... This would've meant "He's not going to us" if not for Duffy

Norwood, Knockaert and Skalak all had threads linking us with them at less than 10 pages before we signed them

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well if he watched that, he's probably now wondering if he's not better off staying at Gillingham. :lol: :facepalm: :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here