Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Something in the pipeline (transfers nothing to do with plumbing)

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Sooo... is the SOMETHING BIG and RECORD BREAKING Duffy for 4m? ???

I'd be happy with Dack, Duffy & Henry, but this thread got me hoping for a BIG ONE.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sooo... is the SOMETHING BIG and RECORD BREAKING Duffy for 4m? ???

I'd be happy with Dack, Duffy & Henry, but this thread got me hoping for a BIG ONE.

I wouldnt want any of them at the kind of price being mentioned the fees have gone stupid. I would sooner buy nobody and make do with what we have as we are not exactly threadbare for talent.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
We are completely threadbare in defence, when Dunk gets his traditional ban we will be ****ed in defence

Given Uwe played last night and Goldson seems like he'll be fit very soon, we're not utterly out of options when Dunk gets a ban (as long as it's not in the next week or two). We do need to flesh out that department a bit more though, as Rosenior's current injury shows.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
With Goldson and Huinemier playing with White and Bruno as back up. Also Hall to develop in our style as he isnt a complete novice.

Given Uwe played last night and Goldson seems like he'll be fit very soon, we're not utterly out of options when Dunk gets a ban (as long as it's not in the next week or two). We do need to flesh out that department a bit more though, as Rosenior's current injury shows.

As was proved last year a couple of injuries/suspensions against a promotion contender could be the difference - we have one of those matches on Saturday - I am in complete fear should half of our defence consist of Ince and Bong

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As was proved last year a couple of injuries/suspensions against a promotion contender could be the difference - we have one of those matches on Saturday - I am in complete fear should half of our defence consist of Ince and Bong

But it wont Ince is way out even as it stands as he is about 5th choice and I have no fear with Bong

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
All being well we have 3 decent CBs and a promising youngster when all fit, but we're a card/injury and a couple of recovery setbacks away from having no fit, experienced CBs at all which is a gamble we can't take. Free of problems, rotating Dunk, Uwe and Goldson would work, but there's no way we can rely on even 2 out of 3 being available for a season so we need another experienced CB in. The costs is what it is in the daft market we're in - TB has already said he's essentially going 'all in' on getting promoted so imagine we'll pay top dollar for what we need rather than compromise.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
But it wont Ince is way out even as it stands as he is about 5th choice and I have no fear with Bong

5th choice? Dunk is obviously first, Uwe's ahead of him, but has only played 60 minutes in months, Goldson is still injured, Bruno looks likely to be forced back to his true position as Rosenior seems unlikely to play on Saturday. You could put one of the youngsters ahead of him, but I'd say Ince is, at worst, 3rd choice at the moment in time.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
5th choice? Dunk is obviously first, Uwe's ahead of him, but has only played 60 minutes in months, Goldson is still injured, Bruno looks likely to be forced back to his true position as Rosenior seems unlikely to play on Saturday. You could put one of the youngsters ahead of him, but I'd say Ince is, at worst, 3rd choice at the moment in time.

Those in line for Saturday
Dunk
Huinemier
Bruno if a right back is needed Hunte would do the job
White usually on the bench
Ince/Hall.

Goldson is due to play either Friday for U23s or next week. So it really only the Newcastle game that we have to cover at the moment. If Dunk got ared card more options ould be vaiklable by the time he is suspended or bring in somebody Out of Contract like Wes Brown on a short contract with an option for either side to extend it.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

I'm confused, aren't you making a good case for bringing someone in?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I think that is his aim, but mine is that £4m is too much for a player to sit on the bench or just in case.

He won't always be on the bench. Factoring rotation and potential injury, he could get upwards of 20 appearances including cup. He may even make the position his own with solid performances as Connor did.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Still not convinced we are actually interested.

Seems far too much public knowledge on this one and goes against every transfer we've done over the last 12 months.

Smokescreen.... I believe Burke at WH is the real target

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He won't always be on the bench. Factoring rotation and potential injury, he could get upwards of 20 appearances including cup. He may even make the position his own with solid performances as Connor did.

Possibly but my attitude is lets gear up to promotion as next year will take care of itself and many new players will be required with more money to buy better.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Those in line for Saturday
Dunk
Huinemier
Bruno if a right back is needed Hunte would do the job
White usually on the bench
Ince/Hall.

Goldson is due to play either Friday for U23s or next week. So it really only the Newcastle game that we have to cover at the moment. If Dunk got ared card more options ould be vaiklable by the time he is suspended or bring in somebody Out of Contract like Wes Brown on a short contract with an option for either side to extend it.

Would you make your sodding mind up? You've spent two years saying Ince isn't championship quality as a centre mid....Now you want him as backup at centre half.

You're fixated that we were understaffed at left back with 3 (THREE) senior players there last season...now Hunt & White are suitable backups?

You can't have it both ways. Either you want at least two first team quality players for each position (which means high transfer fees and wages for some players who'll sit on the bench) or you accept that the youngsters step in as cover when needed. So which is it?

FWIW, even though I disagree with the majority of what you say, some of the abuse you get is way over the top. But this sort of comment is exactly the sort of thing that causes you to cop the stick you do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here