Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our away end is full of

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I prefer away games being sit where you like - you don't actually select the seats in the same way we do for home games, you get allocated them randomly anyway. This means the singers and vocal types can go back and centre and create away atmosphere, everyone else can select a suitable place for their group, ie elderly and families with kids might prefer towards the front etc - whats the problem?

Exactly this.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Not happy with away fan behaviour recently myself but totally disagree with this. Sitting in the allocated seats is a big part of the problem. Some of the other posts on here have persuaded me that the reason I felt things used to be better (and I've been to a lot of away games) is that I could easily steer clear of the twats. Now you just get lumbered with whoever. If people sit where they like, the muppets are magnetically drawn either right behind the goal or close to the away fans, leaving everywhere else for the other 99% who want to watch the football (Plenty of non-muppets too in those other areas too, of course). On top of that, must say I prefer the fairness of 'sit where you like'. Nothing worse than finding a decent spot 30 minutes before kick-off and someone strolls in at 2.59 insisting it's their spot. It also gets round the problem that those who buy earliest always seem to get the worst allocated seats as it seems all clubs sell from the margins inwards/upwards/downwards.

Hoping to get a ticket for the game at Burton Albion one of the main reasons being that it's standing and you get a choice

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Not happy with away fan behaviour recently myself but totally disagree with this. Sitting in the allocated seats is a big part of the problem. Some of the other posts on here have persuaded me that the reason I felt things used to be better (and I've been to a lot of away games) is that I could easily steer clear of the twats. Now you just get lumbered with whoever. If people sit where they like, the muppets are magnetically drawn either right behind the goal or close to the away fans, leaving everywhere else for the other 99% who want to watch the football (Plenty of non-muppets too in those other areas too, of course). On top of that, must say I prefer the fairness of 'sit where you like'. Nothing worse than finding a decent spot 30 minutes before kick-off and someone strolls in at 2.59 insisting it's their spot. It also gets round the problem that those who buy earliest always seem to get the worst allocated seats as it seems all clubs sell from the margins inwards/upwards/downwards.

There's (what at least seems to me) a very simple solution here which I've been advocating for years. When you buy away tickets you select whether you'd prefer to be nearer the back or nearer the front. If you choose nearer the back, you do so aware that people may well be standing/singing/being a little more boisterous. When the club receive the tickets everyone is in two piles - one get their seats allocated from the back working forwards, the other from the front working backwards (or just do all the "front" ones or "back" ones first). There'd obviously still be that area where the two meet, but you'd have a lot less problems.

I'm sure I'm missing the obvious reason why this can't be done.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
There's (what at least seems to me) a very simple solution here which I've been advocating for years. When you buy away tickets you select whether you'd prefer to be nearer the back or nearer the front. If you choose nearer the back, you do so aware that people may well be standing/singing/being a little more boisterous. When the club receive the tickets everyone is in two piles - one get their seats allocated from the back working forwards, the other from the front working backwards (or just do all the "front" ones or "back" ones first). There'd obviously still be that area where the two meet, but you'd have a lot less problems.

I'm sure I'm missing the obvious reason why this can't be done.

or have a line of stewards between the bad boys at the back and the others down the front

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here