Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has the Bournemouth BUBBLE burst ?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Two LOSSES out of two so far this season makes their form in their last 10 Premier League games WON - 1, DREW - 1 and LOST 8 and the win was against Aston Villa. I wonder if SMUG Eddie is looking over his shoulder ? Maybe 'Arry will arrive as 'CONSULTANT' soon ?

16/5 to be relegated with Ladbrokes and if they lose at Palace on Saturday and teams like Hull and Burnley carrying on picking up points then they could be in a spot of bother.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think they've had their season in the sun. Teams have worked them out, and the feelgood-factor generated by the rush of promotion has dissipated. Realistically their only hope is that Burnley, Palace and Hull or Sunderland bail them out. A good experience for them as a club, great ride for the fans, but the party is over later this season, and there's going to be a hell of a lot of shit to clear up once they go.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Will Maxim Demin look to sell his originall £10 million stake in the club?
Is he getting bored with his toy?

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
No! Got a good manager and some fantastic young talent there! Made some real astute signings with big potential! So what if they go down, will get the benefit of parachute money.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Good call. Thought they looked poor the other day. Palace were better but toothless. They now have Benteke. I believe Bournemouth will go down.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No! Got a good manager and some fantastic young talent there! Made some real astute signings with big potential! So what if they go down, will get the benefit of parachute money.

I prefer to refer to that as the "Failure Fund"

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
2 games into a new season and they are doomed.

Glad that we didn't start the season this way, as there would a lot of pressure on CH to resign on this forum.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
2 games into a new season and they are doomed.

Glad that we didn't start the season this way, as there would a lot of pressure on CH to resign on this forum.

So no one is allowed to make a prediction like this on a football forum.? What shall we talk about instead? Mo Farah ? [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] walking out halfway through a horror film in disgust because it was to gory?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I know Ibe is young but he has been awful in their two opening games. Always carries the ball too far and gets caught in possession, doesn't seem able to cross or finish. Think his price tag is making him try to do too much in order to justify it.

They've had two tough opening games and haven't been outplayed. They'll be alright.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I know Ibe is young but he has been awful in their two opening games. Always carries the ball to far and gets caught in possession, doesn't seem able to cross or finish. Think his price tag is making him try to do too much in order to justify it.

They've had two tough opening games and haven't been outplayed. They'll be alright.

If they go down i'm sure another prem club will snap up Steve Cook. We then get a sell on fee

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I've never seen the Bournemouth thing, and I've been forced to watch them a lot. Surely I can't have caught them on a bad day every time? They have a selection of interchangeable scurrying midfield players but if they can't out-graft their opponents, there's not much there. Stoke passed them off their own park last season, and Man City beat them with embarrassing ease.

Then there's that whole 'plucky little Bournemouth' nonsense that you'd have hoped people would have seen through by now, especially after the FFP figures came out. Eddie Howe's attitude was that if ignoring FFP was the way for them to be successful, then that is what they'd do. I, for, one, wouldn't be sorry if the village people go down.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I've never seen the Bournemouth thing, and I've been forced to watch them a lot. Surely I can't have caught them on a bad day every time? They have a selection of interchangeable scurrying midfield players but if they can't out-graft their opponents, there's not much there. Stoke passed them off their own park last season, and Man City beat them with embarrassing ease.

Then there's that whole 'plucky little Bournemouth' nonsense that you'd have hoped people would have seen through by now, especially after the FFP figures came out. Eddie Howe's attitude was that if ignoring FFP was the way for them to be successful, then that is what they'd do. I, for, one, wouldn't be sorry if the village people go down.
Bang on. Would be delighted to pass them and Palace going the other way at the end of the season.

PG

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 22389

For Bournemouth to get automatic promotion after one season in the Championship takes the piss, especially after all our hard work last season and other seasons where we have just missed out.

Everything went right for them from the moment they kicked off in the Championship. Knowing Bournemouth they will probably be OK this season. If they did somehow get relegated the money will only last so long because there will so many players on massive contracts, and If they failed to get promoted again and the owner isn't prepared to cover the loses I could see them going down again, that is where the infrastructure and number of season ticket holders comes in to play.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
The only thing of interest in the English Premiership this soccer season is the open nature and number of candidates for relegation. On current form, Palace and Bournemouth are right amongst it, but I do feel that longer term there are weaker clubs more likely to go down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here