Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has the Bournemouth BUBBLE burst ?

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Hopefully my subsequent reply is more to your liking?

Lovely, Thanks. I suppose over the years on the bread line, like Brighton have been too, you get used to having no money or investment. And then as soon as someone is willing to invest, there are FFP rules to stop you in your tracks. Typical. But I totally see the effect dodgy owners can have on local businesses etc. There needs to be proper 'fit for purpose' tests for new club owners.

I don't expect a love in...but Palace fans seem to be getting less grief than us at the moment :) Must be your proper rivals...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
what Eddie has done though is amazing. To attract decent players, on small crowds and play in an attractive way.

Other than a couple of loans (Wilshere, Ake) what 'decent players' have they actually attracted?

Genuine question, as it seems (to me at least) that their modest Premier League success has been based largely around the players that got them out of League One (Cook, Arter, Ritchie, Daniels, Francis, etc) and when Eddie has been given cash to spend the results have been underwhelming (£15m Ibe who can't get in the side, etc)

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Other than a couple of loans (Wilshere, Ake) what 'decent players' have they actually attracted?

Genuine question, as it seems (to me at least) that their modest Premier League success has been based largely around the players that got them out of League One (Cook, Arter, Ritchie, Daniels, Francis, etc) and when Eddie has been given cash to spend the results have been underwhelming (£15m Ibe who can't get in the side, etc)

Hard to argue against it. Bought in Josh King for £1million and he has been superb and yet compare him to Ibe - which might end up being a bit of a disaster. Tyrone Mings was £8 million and he was actually staring to get there before the Zlatan business, but still got big hopes for him. Definitely seems more of a 'developer' rather than a 'buyer'

I suppose that even though Wilshere didn't really turn up many trees, he surprised a lot of folk by coming to us, on the back of a reputation for decent football and a good manager.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I suppose that even though Wilshere didn't really turn up many trees, he surprised a lot of folk by coming to us, on the back of a reputation for decent football and a good manager.

Not because he just wanted to play some matches, and fancied linking up with his best mate Afobe?

casbom

Jul 24, 2007

Well a certain Mr Murray is pretty decent?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Just read that they have offered Defoe a 3 year contract at £110,000 a week.
Was not a big loss, so how will this one go, not too well if they get relegated next season. I cannot see that happening though, but sxxx happens.

SEVEN TEEN MILLION POUNDS.

#Eddie'sMiracle

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yes I suppose so. Not much I can do about it is there, teams have spent loads in the past with help from a sugar daddy...then we get lucky and it's cheating.

Brighton fans would have to live with it if they took the gamble too - I doubt many would have said 'right! that's it, I'm not supporting this lot anymore'

I agree with you here. And for the record, I'd say that we 'cheated' if we flouted ffp rules.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
Show me the SR link, please.

There is nothing remotely 'creative' about not counting academy and community expenditure in the FFP calculations - they are simply not relevant in any way, whatsoever.

And disregarding the 'stunt' comment, we're 100% confident that we were not in breach of FFP regs this season - under the new 3-year reporting rules, it would have been near impossible to be. Could we have maintained that level of spending for more than 1 (maybe 2) years of the 3, probably not, but that's not the point.

I don't think you know a great deal about all this tbh.

Brighton’s depreciation was £5 million, which implies that they have spent £8 million on their academy and the community in order that the FFP loss was lower than the £13 million limit in 2015/16. Even though these activities represent a major investment for the Albion, it seems unlikely that the expenditure would be that high, but it is difficult to see how else the club could have complied.

Its not a secret the new FFP rules saved your sorry ass but the above SR post would suggest you're as dodgy as fook..I'd prefer it if you all just fessed up and accepted you're taking the piss with your £178 trillion debt :D

Enjoy your year in the sun

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

We will and even with only two parachute payments at least we will come back at some point,sadly if you go down AFCB might drop like a stone..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I'm pretty sure you aren't the only club who will get parachute payments.

True-but we would only get two if we are relegated in our first season..

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
I agree with you here. And for the record, I'd say that we 'cheated' if we flouted ffp rules.

Just illustrates how we are hostages to our owners ad how they go about their business. Like most of us I wasn't desperate to get to the PL, I was still in mild shock getting to the Championship. Should have spent £6 million first of all buying the stadium back from Structuredeane. But can see why they wanted to get to the top table as soon as poss.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Just read that they have offered Defoe a 3 year contract at £110,000 a week.
Was not a big loss, so how will this one go, not too well if they get relegated next season. I cannot see that happening though, but sxxx happens.

SEVEN TEEN MILLION POUNDS.

#Eddie'sMiracle

Sorry - edit to this, as I see young Jermain also expects a £6m signing-on fee...

TWENTY THREE MILLION POUNDS

#Eddie'sMiracle

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Brighton’s depreciation was £5 million, which implies that they have spent £8 million on their academy and the community in order that the FFP loss was lower than the £13 million limit in 2015/16. Even though these activities represent a major investment for the Albion, it seems unlikely that the expenditure would be that high, but it is difficult to see how else the club could have complied.

Its not a secret the new FFP rules saved your sorry ass but the above SR post would suggest you're as dodgy as fook..I'd prefer it if you all just fessed up and accepted you're taking the piss with your £178 trillion debt :D

Ah, you see - you're being a bit of a knob now.

First, you've clearly not seen our academy facilities, and (understandably) have no clue as to the enormous scope of the club's community work. Those numbers are all above board, all fully signed off, and (once again) utterly irrelevant to FFP calculations.

As for the new 'FFP rules saving' us - that is just plain stupid. We knew the changes to the rules at the outset of the season, and were free to budget accordingly. Its not like they upped the acceptable limits AFTER we'd committed the money.

Must try harder.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here