Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has the Bournemouth BUBBLE burst ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think I read on one of the sites somewhere which stated that they made an estimated operating profit of £30,000,000 on 12000 gates ??????? what chance have honest clubs got?

You just know that everyone will be really excited on the eve of the day the fixtures come out, and our first game will end up being at their tin pot non league "stadium".

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
Shame it wasn't achieved at the expense of other teams who didn't cheat wasn't it?

So we are cheats yet you have highly creative accountants and a £171 million debt at the last count. Even the swiss rambler was implying that your expenditure on your academy and community to avoid breaching FFP was slightly suspect.

How confident are you that you can pull the same stunt again when your next figures are released, or now you're promoted will you simply not care ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So we are cheats yet you have highly creative accountants and a £171 million debt at the last count. Even the swiss rambler was implying that your expenditure on your academy and community to avoid breaching FFP was slightly suspect.

How confident are you that you can pull the same stunt again when your next figures are released, or now you're promoted will you simply not care ?

Show me the SR link, please.

There is nothing remotely 'creative' about not counting academy and community expenditure in the FFP calculations - they are simply not relevant in any way, whatsoever.

And disregarding the 'stunt' comment, we're 100% confident that we were not in breach of FFP regs this season - under the new 3-year reporting rules, it would have been near impossible to be. Could we have maintained that level of spending for more than 1 (maybe 2) years of the 3, probably not, but that's not the point.

I don't think you know a great deal about all this tbh.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
So we are cheats

Yes.

Show me the SR link, please.

And disregarding the 'stunt' comment, we're 100% confident that we were not in breach of FFP regs this season - under the new 3-year reporting rules, it would have been near impossible to be. Could we have maintained that level of spending for more than 1 (maybe 2) years of the 3, probably not, but that's not the point.

I don't think you know a great deal about all this tbh.

That is why I wrote in my next post that we would have most likely have to curtail spending in the next two years supposing we'd stayed down.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Bournemouth :lol:

CherryInHove

Apr 16, 2015
They're going down next season and I can't wait to see Smug Eddie's face when they do.

People on this site were saying that we were going down after we got promoted and we did OK. They then said we were going down the next season and we've improved on our performance. So, based on NSC prediction form, this means we're qualifying for Europe next season.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
People on this site were saying that we were going down after we got promoted and we did OK. They then said we were going down the next season and we've improved on our performance. So, based on NSC prediction form, this means we're qualifying for Europe next season.

Pompey won the cup and look how that ended , TINPOT teams like Bournemouth simply can't survive in the PL

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Bournemouth gambled with FFP and won, I should imagine a few teams will try the same tactic next season to try and get up. Unfortunately it's getting to that stage where if you have aspirations of promotion, you have to overspend.

I've nothing against Bournemouth, what Eddie has done though is amazing. To attract decent players, on small crowds and play in an attractive way. If he ever leaves then I think they will be in trouble, but until then I think they'll stay up.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Shame it wasn't achieved at the expense of other teams who didn't cheat wasn't it?

Yes I suppose so. Not much I can do about it is there, teams have spent loads in the past with help from a sugar daddy...then we get lucky and it's cheating.

Brighton fans would have to live with it if they took the gamble too - I doubt many would have said 'right! that's it, I'm not supporting this lot anymore'

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Yes I suppose so. Not much I can do about it is there, teams have spent loads in the past with help from a sugar daddy...then we get lucky and it's cheating.

Brighton fans would have to live with it if they took the gamble too - I doubt many would have said 'right! that's it, I'm not supporting this lot anymore'

You are of course right. Before FFP fans implored their board to spend big to achieve success, and really, if rich owners are willing to bankroll spending above the FFP limit, without any strings attached, then why not? As long as it's not jeopardising the future of the club.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Good oh virtuous one.

Although it's definitely harder to have a civil conversation on here than it used to be - seems more hostile..

Hopefully my subsequent reply is more to your liking?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here