Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flying up to Newcastle

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I looked at flying up but was cheaper to go by train although train was expensive at £155 going up Thursday till Sunday

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The late confirmation that the game was not going to be moved prevented any early cheap booking of flights. Would have considered it otherwise, but it's a long drive and stay over now instead.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No domestic flights to Teeside, as far as I'm aware.

OK I havent looked. Another stupid thought what about a large gang getting together and chartering a plane from Shoreham up and back is that possible? I know it was 20 years ago but Legal & General had a seminar booked in Spain but there was a cock up with the flights and one of the managers who drank in our pub in Guildford contacted Ryan Air or similar and chartered a plane. It took a couple of hours to get flight clearance etc but I remember him telling me that to fly to Spain worked out at less than £10 per head , with no food or in flight service. Obviously not that cheap now but I wondered what size planes land at Shoreham. 50 seaters?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
OK I havent looked. Another stupid thought what about a large gang getting together and chartering a plane from Shoreham up and back is that possible? I know it was 20 years ago but Legal & General had a seminar booked in Spain but there was a cock up with the flights and one of the managers who drank in our pub in Guildford contacted Ryan Air or similar and chartered a plane. It took a couple of hours to get flight clearance etc but I remember him telling me that to fly to Spain worked out at less than £10 per head , with no food or in flight service. Obviously not that cheap now but I wondered what size planes land at Shoreham. 50 seaters?

Similar to what the players will do, I'd guess. I reckon it would cost in the region £500-£1000 each depending on the size of the plane. No idea how easy or practical it is to arrange though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Similar to what the players will do, I'd guess. I reckon it would cost in the region £500-£1000 each depending on the size of the plane. No idea how easy or practical it is to arrange though.

Surely wouldnt be that expensive I wouldnt have thought. I would have thought a 20/30 seater would be in the £250 area but obviously have no idea really.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just playing about on google and a return charter to Paris is £5000 but not sure how many seats that is. Nice is shown as £10,000 nothing like £30k suggested.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Going by train anywhere is going to be cheaper than flying surely.

I could have flown to Edinburgh then train from Edinburgh to Newcastle then train back to London/Brighton for roughly same cost as return train ticket. It was about the same so I just did the train there and back.

I hate long train journeys but in this instance I just went for the train. I stay with friends in Newcastle or Edinburgh when I go to those places, so I don't have the extra cost of hotels, so even though train is expensive save on accommodation

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here