Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mo Farah

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It may be a nice article from the DM but their readers are true to form with the comments that were under it (when I read them).

Some people just look for a reason to find fault and complain. Sad really.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
That's fair enough, but for balance we have had Somalis who have been far from lovely human beings, Mo's brother has down time in prison, we have had them involved in acts of terror and serious crime.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/failed...o-in-bristol/story-29630184-detail/story.html

Lighten up! Do you imagine my post about lesser well behaved Brits going to Somalia was a serious suggestion. What is more concerning and might point toward your view of Mo, is that you suggest his brothers been inside ....so Mo might, or possibly is not to be trusted? I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt, but must wonder why you would mentioned that ???

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I would say Mo Farah is 'more' British than Lennox Lewis and Greg Rusedski - Both of whom spent their formative years in Canada.

So..... what is the view on Chris Froome then?

Born in Kenya to British parents, competed for Kenya till 2008.... is he British or Kenyan?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It makes me laugh that so many people in this country complain about immigrants not taking on our language, culture and don't identify themselves as British and yet here is a man that came to Britain as a child and appears to have totally bought in to Britain and identifies himself as part of this great country. For me, Mo Farah is a great example of how multiculturalism can work (however often it seems not to). The guy is an inspiration to a lot of young kids especially from ethnic minority backgrounds of how Britain can work for them and how they can be part of Britain and be proud to be British. Mo's success can only be a positive for me and I am proud to call him a fellow Brit
Great post. He can't win can he? If he claimed to be Somalian and that nasty cold racist Britain was just a convenient base he'd (rightly, IMO) be castigated for not attempting to integrate. So he adopts our culture, says how proud he is to represent Britain ... and STILL he's not accepted by some!

He's as British as I am. And I'd much rather have people like him than some of the wasters who are born here.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
By many of the criteria that the xenophobes and racists like to apply, Mo would be considerably 'more British' than I am.

I was born outside the UK, bleat on quite a lot about our slave trading and colonial history, I am anti-monarchy, don't sing the national anthem and often support other teams against England or GB in international events.

But I am as British as anyone else and so is Mo.

Because in the end the likes of Bushy don't get to decide the criteria for the rest of us. Thank god.

Ok that's what you don't like. What do you like, and why do you claim to be British.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I can trace back my paternal line to the 1500s, not only in England, but in Sussex.

Mo is as British as me.

I am in the pro Mo camp, never entered my head to think otherwise.

However I am always curious how you, mainly from the left are quick to afford British status to nearly anyone without any quantifiable reason, whilst very quickly enhancing other individuals national credentials by announcing any individual from non British heritage might be second or third generation as if actually their genealogy is relevant and mine and others are not.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I like our traditions of tolerence. I like our history of resisting oppression. I like our self deprecation and humour. I love our countryside. And so on.

Formally I have British passport. But on top of that I am also British because that is what I am. It's my home, for better or worse. It's where I feel at home. It's where my family is and where I have chosen to stay. But all that doesn't not stop me from feeling part of Europe and of the wider world. It's not binary this identity thing.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Mo Farah was born in Africa.
I was born in Hastings.
Not sure if Mo Farah has been to Hastings let alone lived there, but I have lived in Africa for over 2 years.

Mo is as British as me.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
That's fair enough, but for balance we have had Somalis who have been far from lovely human beings, Mo's brother has down time in prison, we have had them involved in acts of terror and serious crime.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/failed...o-in-bristol/story-29630184-detail/story.html

You may well want to send British people you don't like to Somalia, we should do this once we send the Somalis here we don't want back to Somalia.

God knows what this has to do with him being British. I've got a cousin who voted Brexit so we've all got someone in our family who we're ashamed of.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
Wow you're so controversial.

Maybe Mo is embassed about where he came from because the FA have tried in the passed to get African born footballers to represent England and they've declined saying their proud to represent their Motherland.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
God knows what this has to do with him being British. I've got a cousin who voted Brexit so we've all got someone in our family who we're ashamed of.

Can i buy your cousin a pint ?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Absolutely nothing to do with racism if that's your thinking

But to SJWs everything has to do with racism etc. If their is a racial angle however tenuous you can bet they will be on it like flies on a fresh turd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here