Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham - London Stadium

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We need to employ those stewards.

No we don't. We need areas where it's acceptable to stand and areas where it isn't.

Whilst I prefer to stand, I appreciate that not everyone does and I'm not as selfish as many others who think it's ok to stand in front of others regardless.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
View from away end. Look at that gap :lol:

7b2e9e0a8a435243e9de56ca78b34f45_zpsdno4unk2.jpg

Weirdly the away fans are split up by that gap too. We think its hard to get a chant going in unison in the North Stand, now imagine that!

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
They'll get piles sitting on that cold concrete......serves them right.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Capacity was reduced from 60k to 57k due to safety concerns over WHU standing at the last Euro game. Today's attendance was a fraction short of 57k. The empty seats were the 3,000 not used.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
That is one shit stadium from a spectator point of view. Would be very unhappy having that as a permanent home.Give me the old Upton park anyday

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Was keen to visit this stadium however it appears that stewards are not ensuring that supporters sit down,no way that i would pay Premiership prices to have someone block my view of the match so Sky appears to be the better option

According to some WHU STH's that I know, the club are informing fans that anyone who persists in standing will be asked to leave and will have their ST cancelled. Interesting to see how they are going to tackle at least 8000-10000 fans but apparently WHU are not that concerned as they have far in excess of that on the waiting list.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
According to some WHU STH's that I know, the club are informing fans that anyone who persists in standing will be asked to leave and will have their ST cancelled. Interesting to see how they are going to tackle at least 8000-10000 fans but apparently WHU are not that concerned as they have far in excess of that on the waiting list.

One tweet I saw last night showed some fans being thrown out for standing, which, considering my previous post, is hypocritical.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
I went to the game, will try and post some pictures later of the ground.

Stewards did try to kick out a small group of people for persistent standing in one area, however as the situation developed all that ended up happening was more and more West Ham fans standing up singing 'we're West Ham United, we'll stand where we want'. So it kind of backfired on those stewards as in the end they reluctantly left it once thousands of fans were standing.

Secondly it is far from the pitch, as already mentioned. I don't even think the pictures do it justice just how far away it is, honestly the walk from the dug out to the pitch is massive for the managers and when subs come on!

The atmosphere felt a bit nervous, quiet in the first half, but it was also a poor game that didn't get the crowd going. In the second half at certain times it was loud in the ground, but it was few and fair between. I think with time the atmosphere will improve, especially if West Ham start playing better football.

One thing that really griped me was they have a 'Trevor Brooking Stand' and a 'Bobby Moore Stand'. They're not distinct stands, it's a bowl stadium that seats just constantly flow round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here