Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich v Norwich on SKY

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sometimes a non signing can be a blessing. I see Wilson went to Derby, a highly overrated young lad in my opinion. Norwich are stuck with an 8 million quid misfit, unproven. .
They'll only be a blessing if the Albion actually make a better signing.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
They'll only be a blessing if the Albion actually make a better signing.

I don't disagree, but we really aren't that desperate for a new signing in my opinion, assuming we keep all the players we have come August 31.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
This. Pritchard got injured once he arrived at Norwich. It was probably due to sitting in a car too long, waiting for his agent to decide which motorway to follow.

Easy mistake to make, the M23 is so close to the M11 (I think that's the way to no mans land?)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't disagree, but we really aren't that desperate for a new signing in my opinion, assuming we keep all the players we have come August 31.

3 strikers is nowhere near enough.
Ideally benchwarming striker nos 5 can be produced by the reserves, but that still leaves the squad short of a first team striker.

I'd rather either of those nimrods to nothing. (which I'm sure won't be the case, but ...)

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Ideally benchwarming striker nos 5 can be produced by the reserves, but that still leaves the squad short of a first team striker.

I'd rather either of those nimrods to nothing. (which I'm sure won't be the case, but ...)

Very much this. If we end up with just 3 strikers we can kiss goodbye autos

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Very much this. We end up with just 3 strikers you can kiss goodbye autos
Once you put form, injury and suspensions into the mix, we'd be lucky to stay in the Championship with 3 strikers.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

But isn't this where we should be utilising the U23s and bringing them through? If not then it is a pointless exercise bringing these lads in.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Once you put form, injury and suspensions into the mix, we'd be lucky to stay in the Championship with 3 strikers.
The trouble is that some "bright spark" will tell us how we can rely on Elvis and Hambo to make up the numbers and how everything is rosy.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But isn't this where we should be utilising the U23s and bringing them through? If not then it is a pointless exercise bringing these lads in.
If someone was good enough they'd already be there.
As they're not we can only assume nobody is ready to step up, forcing the situation helps no one.

None of which effects the fact that 3 strikers, 2 identical and 1 sicknote, isn't going to get the job done.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
If someone was good enough they'd already be there.
As they're not we can only assume nobody is ready to step up, forcing the situation helps no one.

None of which effects the fact that 3 strikers, 2 identical and 1 sicknote, isn't going to get the job done.

But you don't know if they're good or not good enough until you give them the stern test. And if it is deemed they aren't, why are they here? Sooner or later you have to take the gamble with the kids, otherwise, as I said above, it is a pointless exercise.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But you don't know if they're good or not good enough until you give them the stern test. And if it is deemed they aren't, why are they here? Sooner or later you have to take the gamble with the kids, otherwise, as I said above, it is a pointless exercise.

You appear to be saying putting a young player who is believed to be not YET good enough into the first team will make him good enough.

We all know it doesn't work that way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here