Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Palace can't... 16/17

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Give £250m interest free to historically similar sized clubs such as Luton or Plymouth and I'm sure they would be able to boost themselves up the leagues.

I believe they already have home grounds to play in, and possibly training grounds. We lost our home when crooked owners sold it out from under us, without a plan to play anywhere else. The majority of the 250M+ has gone on infrastructure costs, for the stadium and training ground. The rest has been to support losses (within FFP limits) season to season the most competitive and entertaining, but poorly funded division of football.

Tony Bloom has certainly not, and has never intended to buy promotion, even if that were possible, unlike many clubs who have exceeded FFP limits whilst gaining promotion from this division (e.g. QPR, Bournemouth and Leicester).

As has been stated above, it is a FACT that our playing budget was the 9th largest in the Championship in the most recent accounts published, so we're being very effective with the money we spend.

It also helps we have a large fanbase.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
No need to be rude.

Without the yanks? Who knows, the current board were doing a fine job before they arrived so i'd like to think just where we are now.

No jealousy here. I have previously congratulated you guys on promotion on here, lets just not forget what it cost to achieve your shot at the big time. :thumbsup:

Lets not forget what it cost your local businesses and charities TWICE for your shot! ****!

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Don't have the figures to hand eh? :FFSPuncheon

Yes we have been in administration twice. I'd make the score 2-1.

You would be wrong then!

I think you know the history and you are choosing to ignore it as it doesn't suit your agenda.

After all is said and done, I am glad you are staying up. The first 2 games I will be looking out for are the games against you!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
This thread just shows what a better type of class we are compared to those muppets up the road

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
You would be wrong then!

I think you know the history and you are choosing to ignore it as it doesn't suit your agenda.

After all is said and done, I am glad you are staying up. The first 2 games I will be looking out for are the games against you!

Same here regarding the games next season, Bound to be midday kick offs unfortunately.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I do miss the good times, Palace losing every week and not a troll in sight, just happy Albion fans on this board.
Now, a season saving late run from the coach paintnig firestarting chavs, and theyre all back on here, telling us, we bought promotion.

I miss the old days.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Give £250m interest free to historically similar sized clubs such as Luton or Plymouth and I'm sure they would be able to boost themselves up the leagues.

Utter drivel and entirely irrelevant, as explained very succinctly to you here...

I believe they already have home grounds to play in, and possibly training grounds. We lost our home when crooked owners sold it out from under us, without a plan to play anywhere else. The majority of the 250M+ has gone on infrastructure costs, for the stadium and training ground. The rest has been to support losses (within FFP limits) season to season the most competitive and entertaining, but poorly funded division of football.

Tony Bloom has certainly not, and has never intended to buy promotion, even if that were possible, unlike many clubs who have exceeded FFP limits whilst gaining promotion from this division (e.g. QPR, Bournemouth and Leicester).

As has been stated above, it is a FACT that our playing budget was the 9th largest in the Championship in the most recent accounts published, so we're being very effective with the money we spend.

It also helps we have a large fanbase.

A post which you ignored entirely, because it didn't suit your bitter little agenda. There is a MASSIVE difference between investing in the infrastructure of the club, rebuilding it from the ground up so that we could actually have a future, and (as per Palace) investing the square route of fvck-all in the football club, instead blowing millions upon millions on players and their salaries, whilst stiffing hundreds of creditors on the way. Twice.

Get it ?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Last edited:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Utter drivel and entirely irrelevant, as explained very succinctly to you here...

A post which you ignored entirely, because it didn't suit your bitter little agenda. There is a MASSIVE difference between investing in the infrastructure of the club, rebuilding it from the ground up so that we could actually have a future, and (as per Palace) investing the square route of fvck-all in the football club, instead blowing millions upon millions on players and their salaries, whilst stiffing hundreds of creditors on the way. Twice.

Get it ?

This.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here