Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bournemouth, Boro then Stoke.

3 relegation six pointers right there.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Pardew is doing a great job. He will be costly to release, when they inevitably sack him. Probably too late to help them this season. They are clearly desperate and down

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Pardew is doing a great job. He will be costly to release, when they inevitably sack him. Probably too late to help them this season. They are clearly desperate and down

The new annual palace relegation thread :) I reckon if things don't improve by early October he will be gone . If I remember correctly in the palace relegation thread from 3 seasons ago , we sacked warnock after Boxing Day when we looked down and out , we survived . it's very early days but the natives are getting restless so this thread is looking promising but then again they always start promising for you :) let's see what happens after the next 5/6 games .

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Lose those three, and he's gone.
I don't think this will be the case having let Pardew spend so much money he would argue that he needs time.
I think your board is digging a hole for themselves. While I'm enjoying your current run I think you will survive for another season.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It looks like they were battered today judging by the highlights. Palace seemed quite happy with that as long as it was 0-0 but an earlier breakthrough would likely have seen a cricket score. To think some people consider Pardew is good enough to manage England

Much how I wish this was true it wasn't the case.

Spurs had 3/4 chances but Palace had a couple.

At one stage Palace were on top, Cabaye missed a sitter.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Much how I wish this was true it wasn't the case.

Spurs had 3/4 chances but Palace had a couple.

At one stage Palace were on top, Cabaye missed a sitter.

The stats on the BBC certainly give the impression that it was one sided and I got the same impression watching the TV Highlights

Possession
Home 57%---Away 43%
Shots
Home 20---Away 10
Shots on Target
Home 5--Away 2
Corners
Home 10-- Away 4
Fouls
Home 19--Away 9

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The stats on the BBC certainly give the impression that it was one sided and I got the same impression watching the TV Highlights

Possession
Home 57%---Away 43%
Shots
Home 20---Away 10
Shots on Target
Home 5--Away 2
Corners
Home 10-- Away 4
Fouls
Home 19--Away 9

Burnley had 19% of the ball and won!

I hate the shots stat - as Its misleading a shot from 40 yards is never going to trouble anyone
It certainly wasn't a battering

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

I hate the shots stat - as Its misleading a shot from 40 yards is never going to trouble anyone

I know what you mean about shots on goal, but shots on target and the corner ratio does also point to Spurs being in control.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

It's nice to see a view from someone who actually went who is giving a honest opinion .

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I know what you mean about shots on goal, but shots on target and the corner ratio does also point to Spurs being in control.

We had a lot of the ball, but didn't do a great deal with it.

Missed a couple of very good chances and if they go in it maybe different.

Others may see it differently I'm sure!

I know he's Palace and it's more than likely frowned upon, but Scott Dann should be in the next England Squad.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
We had a lot of the ball, but didn't do a great deal with it.

Missed a couple of very good chances and if they go in it maybe different.

Others may see it differently I'm sure!

I know he's Palace and it's more than likely frowned upon, but Scott Dann should be in the next England Squad.

Over dunk :ohmy: but I agree he's been solid ever since he joined us and deserves a call up ,Maybe bfs will give him a opportunity . There are rumours Townsend might get a call up as well but I heard he was poor yesterday .

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Palace have won 2 league games in 2016. Pardew must be allowed to turn this form around, even if it means him taking them to league one eventually. He embodies everything that Palace is about, he is a symbol of their fans and club. Pardew is not going anywhere.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Palace have won 2 league games in 2016. Pardew must be allowed to turn this form around, even if it means him taking them to league one eventually. He embodies everything that Palace is about, he is a symbol of their fans and club. Pardew is not going anywhere.
Don't worry , Steve knows when the times up . He won't see out the season if this run continues .

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
:ffsparr:
Here we go again, don't you lot ever learn ?
You've been predicting our relegation since we went up .

A couple of seasons? 3rd time lucky then..... You know it won't be that long until we're right because palace are not an established premier league club.... You can cheat and fluke your way in, masquerade as a big boy for a few short years, but inevitably your old dump of a ground and teenage ultra fanboys don't belong at the top table..... You know it, we know it and history will again soon prove it..... Maybe you can polish a turd for a few years, but not indefinately.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here