Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Palace can't... 16/17

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
His hearts not in it, now he knows he'll not get the England job.

Plus the team are physically unfit, so perhaps we should judge palace on their last 8 games.
You know the ones they have against all the top clubs.

I actually think he is still being paid by Sunderland. His heart is there and he is doing this on purpose

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Rushden & Diamonds
Scarborough
Bradford Park Avenue
Chester
Darlington
Aldershot
Accrington
Gateshead
Halifax Town
Hereford United
Newport County
Wimbledon
And as you say Maidstone United.
Many have reformed after being defunct and are making the long haul back. Do you consider that not many?

Wimbledon didn't go out of the league. It was worse than that - they moved to Milton Keynes. AFC Wimbledon were a new club who were later recognised as owning the history of Wimbledon FC.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Wimbledon didn't go out of the league. It was worse than that - they moved to Milton Keynes. AFC Wimbledon were a new club who were later recognised as owning the history of Wimbledon FC.

You mean like CPFC2010 inherited their history from CPFC xxxx who had in turn inherited their's from CPFC yyyy ?

Not surprising this inconvenient truth was overlooked by whatever Palace knob posted above about clubs rarely going out of existence. They do. And his 7 year old club stands testimony to the lengths shifty, dishonest, incompetemt, unethical owners will go to dodge their responsibilities / shaft the vulnerable.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

Yes of course you are correct, but if you search for defunct English football league teams Wimbledon FC did go into administration and are included in that list. We all know how hard it has been for the real Wimbledon FC and their fans to reform and climb back to the football league. From that list, they and Accrington Stanley the only two clubs to come back and stay, unlike Aldershot Town..

My impression of the Danny-Boy post, was that he thought that if we had been liquidated, we could have reformed and been OK,

But that list proves it rarely happens and from Palace history, it shows that if you are fortunate enough to get a few money making business men together, you can pay peanuts and gain some gold. And the clubs fans think this is all OK.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
What is the one thing that Maidstone, and the Albion at that time, had in common, rather than just (potential) relegation from the league?

Go on, have a little think.

Their home grounds were developed. And they both ended up playing elsewhere in Kent for a while. I seem to remember Maidstone ended up in Dartford before they folded.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Yes of course you are correct, but if you search for defunct English football league teams Wimbledon FC did go into administration and are included in that list. We all know how hard it has been for the real Wimbledon FC and their fans to reform and climb back to the football league. From that list, they and Accrington Stanley the only two clubs to come back and stay, unlike Aldershot Town..

My impression of the Danny-Boy post, was that he thought that if we had been liquidated, we could have reformed and been OK,

But that list proves it rarely happens and from Palace history, it shows that if you are fortunate enough to get a few money making business men together, you can pay peanuts and gain some gold. And the clubs fans think this is all OK.

My initial point was that the protest at the Orient game was "over the top" because by then Albion had been taken over by Dick Knight and co. And Dick Knight would not have allowed Albion to go out of existence if they had been relegated.

That's only my belief of course, but if Brighton and Hove Council had been faced with the possibility of Albion going out of existence, I believe they would have given clearance for Withdean more quickly. Withdean as it was then would quite likely have met Conference requirements, which were far less strict than they are now.

What the Dick Knight era proved was that there were never "a few money making business men" interested in supporting Albion. Until Tony Bloom.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I don't know the motives for the sale of the original ground (to build an MFI), but yes, like the Albion would have been, Maidstone were without a ground . The Palace chap's glib assertion that clubs never 'really' disappear, has some merit IF they have assets - a ground namely. With no ground or players of any value, it's hard to have seen any future for a bankrupt, relegated, homeless Albion.

I thought the whole point of the ground being sold was that it avoided bankruptcy. Albion were then homeless but not bankrupt, they paid Gillingham to use their ground for two years, didn't they? Just avoiding relegation did not mean that they avoided bankruptcy. It was Dick Knight and co. who fixed that.

A relegated Albion would not have gone to Gillingham, I guess, but a nearer ground to Brighton would have met Conference requirements.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here