Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Palace can't... 16/17

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm currently a lot smarter than Einstein.

But have you gone back to the future?

60980f7cf17d282a03b535d6ac38e550.jpg

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
So why do you bother then?
It isn't some kind of altruistic charity that you are donating too, it is a message board, where a good few of the Albion posters on here, are either ambivalent to you, or damn right antagonistic.
As a lot of my fellow supporters on this thread have said, we all know normal Palace fans, and none of them would spend the amount of time and effort on a rivals board, especially when you must know that nobody has the slightest respect for you personally or your opinions.?

To be fair, it's a palace thread and there's no away end.

Any of them that are willing to show their digital 'face' now are ok by me, this bloke has been helpful in the past.

It's the lurkers who are just itching to jump in when things might go wrong for us, or better for them that I can do without.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I'm currently a lot smarter than Einstein.

I have received a good few Pms thanking me for helping them out and in threads as well. As I say, it depends what type of thread and these threads attract a certain type of poster whom post regularly. Most of them I ignore.

Well please put me on your ignore list as well.

My last post was maybe a little harsh, I try not to do personal abuse, and do attempt to keep it civil, however, I really can't comprehend why you do come on NSC, I have never posted on another teams board,even yours, so I just don't understand the attraction of coming on here, just to be roundly abused and insulted.
In some ways, I admire your chutzpah for your continued posting during what must be very challenging times to support the absolute car crash of a club at the moment, and at least you have the balls to still be on here, unlike Return of the Mach who disappears when the going gets tough. And, I did actually follow some of your advice on Kodi, I didn't realise it was you until just now, so thanks for that. Anyway,to conclude, I don't understand your almost pathological need to post on here, but, I suppose it's our differences that make the world more interesting.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
There are real fans at the core of every club and like us they feel the ups and downs of the rollercoaster that is being a football fan. I have no beef with sensible fans who understand their football.

You can understand the fears of real Palace fans not only for their current momentum on the pitch and increasingly some of the decisons being made behind the scenes. Their PL status and all that nice Sky money looking seriously at risk. High hopes of a rosy future bankrolled by US investors must be in doubt. Huge wages bill. Fans offering out Players and vice versa. Undignified spats between Palace old boys in hospitality. No meaningful improvements to their grotty ground to show for several years in the PL. A complete implosion in progress.

My GP happens to be a Palace fan - last time I consulted him we spoke for 2-3 minutes about me and then for several minutes about CPFC. It's quite amusing to have to counsel your own GP. Well before Xmas he readily admitted that Pardew had to go. I wonder how he feels now? So I'm looking forward to my next routine consultation...... :ffsparr::thumbsup::albion2:

I always thought it interesting that Parish sold up to Josh Harris. The Devils and 76ers are both pretty poor and there have been demonstrations. When I worked in New York the guy who sat next to me was from Philly and he had nothing good to say about him at all. Similarly he's done nothing to help the Devils push the Rangers.

Apollo is also a very aggressive private equity firm noted for cutting costs and taking out large dividends. Yes, it's in his interests for Palace to do well but he's no sugar daddy and after the initial capital outlay he'll be far more interested in taking cash out than putting it in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I always thought it interesting that Parish sold up to Josh Harris. The Devils and 76ers are both pretty poor and there have been demonstrations. When I worked in New York the guy who sat next to me was from Philly and he had nothing good to say about him at all. Similarly he's done nothing to help the Devils push the Rangers.

Apollo is also a very aggressive private equity firm noted for cutting costs and taking out large dividends. Yes, it's in his interests for Palace to do well but he's no sugar daddy and after the initial capital outlay he'll be far more interested in taking cash out than putting it in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back a few pages to post #3165.

The devil on my shoulder does wonder how this deal was structured.
Parish was whoring palace around the world until he landed in NY.

I don't imagine any repayment guarantees were made to the Americans, but anything possible in football finance.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Anyway,to conclude, I don't understand your almost pathological need to post on here, but, I suppose it's our differences that make the world more interesting.

It's not a pathological need to post on here, I just post on here. I don't care about the abuse as most of it is far from the truth and the rest of it does not bother me. If ever I got hurt about something someone said on here then I best not step out of my front door again.
You may not post on a Palace forum, that's upto you. Funnily enough I have more posts on here than I do on my palace forum, but that's because it's the same old basically.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
It's not a pathological need to post on here, I just post on here. I don't care about the abuse as most of it is far from the truth and the rest of it does not bother me. If ever I got hurt about something someone said on here then I best not step out of my front door again.
You may not post on a Palace forum, that's upto you. Funnily enough I have more posts on here than I do on my palace forum, but that's because it's the same old basically.
Same old but it is nicer over here ain't it? Minus the abuse [emoji106] [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
Well at least our supporters are prepared to get their feelings across to the "well-paid team", or at least one member of it. That's somewhat different to Albion's past record of assaulting the opposing players in the heat of the moment.

What a wanker you are ,bit different as we were fighting to survive as a team and club something you ***** have never done ,you just go bankrupt

ipad1977

Sep 28, 2015
What record would that be then? There have been all British starting 11's in the history of the PL (although not for quite a few seasons).

The last Middlesbrough game of the 05/06 Prem season away at Fulham saw the club field a side where both the starting 11 and the 5 on the subs bench were all English. In fact 15 of the 16 players in that matchday squad were born within 30 miles of the Riverside, Malcolm Christie being the 'foreigner' as he was from Stamford in the east midlands.

They also smashed the record for the youngest matchday eleven; 9 of them were teenagers who came through our academy, 2 more subs that came off the bench also were teens as well. Only the two older players pulled the average age of the eleven up to 20. Lee Cattermole was captain for the game and he was 18 at the time.

We ended up losing 1-nil, which for a Prem game played away from home wasn't a bad result for our kids, especially considering we had a goal disallowed and it took a penalty in the last 5 or 10 minutes for Fulham to hit their winner. Though our academy had won the Youth Cup recently to be fair.

Last edited:

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Palace players holiday (training camp) to Dubai has been cancelled, the 7am Sunday meet up won't have done much for team spirit either

It's never a good sign when the chairman goes into the changing room after the game and gives the players a bollocking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Same old but it is nicer over here ain't it? Minus the abuse [emoji106] [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I might same old as in we are all depressed at the minute :D

I think I like a challenge and let's face it. Where else could I find as many challenged people as you lot?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I do feel sorry for palace fans on here - they constantly try but constantly get made to look silly. I guess when all you have to say is '2 X admin cheats' it basically beats anything they try to throw at us. Bless them, they do take it in turns to try though. :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Palace players holiday (training camp) to Dubai has been cancelled, the 7am Sunday meet up won't have done much for team spirit either

The 7am training ground detention is ridiculous. How on earth is that supposed to help, treating the players like naughty children? It's now a fact that every last one of them now thinks Allardyce is a prick.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Palace threads attract a certain type of poster(well those who post on them regularly) and it's always the same type of bullshit. I could actually predict what will be said on any palace thread.
Which makes your time wasted on those threads all the more puzzling. But you knew I'd say that.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Listening to an Albion fan on Beesotted, he admitted that you're having a bad blip at the moment, without Stephens in midfield. Another one claimed Sidwell was the only Albion player to play the full 90 minutes.

A little inexperience from Canos at the end when he could have run the ball to the corner-flag rather than crossing into the box, cost Bees the 2 points for a win. So I guess Hughton will have you all in for extra training. And Murray can have extra training in how to stay on his feet as well. He never fell over for the team at Palace.

You listened to a Brentford podcast because they were playing us - wow! I think you may need to get out more - no wonder you post on here so often :lol:

Also Murray dived to win you a crucial pen in a game you beat us - over Kusch - no contact. So what you're saying is bollocks. But I appreciate you're all quite upset about where Glenn's ended up and the fact he's banging them in for us :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here