Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Palace can't... 16/17

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
How about you give a counter argument or challenge anything I've said that isn't true? You can't because you know deep down what I've said is true and you support a club stuck in a time warp, unable to adapt, improve or progress beyond its next Sky paycheque - something your ultra thick ultras seem intent on opposing. I'll keep telling myself the truth of what I see our 2 clubs becoming - ours a club with resilience and infrastructure to withstand a promotion and relegation to and from the top tier, yours lurching from one disaster to another and imploding from within. Enjoy - you clearly are having a whale of a time.

No it is shit for us at the moment, I have never denied that.

But BHA's infrastructure, resilience and 20k new fans means precisely **** all until you get to the premier league. You are currently losing millions year after year, you need the premier league money. You also need promotion now as otherwise you will lose your best players. Stephens will walk away, Knockaert and Dunk will go to premier league teams. For all the digs about us needing the sky pay cheque, you need it as well and you are not even there yet.
I think we will be playing you next year, what league that is in remains to be seen.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I did wonder if you were one of the new 10k that turned up after franchise reached the Prem - you've just confirmed that, thanks. Who did you support before?

So because I'm not destroyed about my team losing, I must be a JCL? Maybe I have some other things in life apart from football going on.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Although I am of the view that there is a good case for starting Hemed in away games. I should mention that Murray has been scoring all his goals at home this season. The suspension versus Cardiff has interrupted his current run of scoring in six consecutive matches at the Amex.

In the last five and a half games he has played at home, (half because of the sending off against Wednesday) he has actually scored eight goals. That is five more than all of Palace's players have managed together in their last six home games. (Their total of three being bolster by two against Division One Bolton).

Our next two games are at home. We really look forward to home games. They don't feel at all like a depressing duty visit to relatives you don't get on with. We don't spend all week thinking about the inevitable pain and despair that the next humiliation will heap upon us. It feels really good.

That's because you're not playing at the highest level of domestic football. I really hope Albion get promoted if only to have a cold bath of reality thrown in your face.

It was difficult to imagine many of your current side playing in the Prem, other than Stockdale and Solly March. Hemed maybe.

Bruno will be wiped out, he was regularly beaten by Jotta in the first half. And he's your skipper. For now.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Listening to an Albion fan on Beesotted, he admitted that you're having a bad blip at the moment, without Stephens in midfield. Another one claimed Sidwell was the only Albion player to play the full 90 minutes.

A little inexperience from Canos at the end when he could have run the ball to the corner-flag rather than crossing into the box, cost Bees the 2 points for a win. So I guess Hughton will have you all in for extra training. And Murray can have extra training in how to stay on his feet as well. He never fell over for the team at Palace.

It's a slight blip away from home. I'd hardly call two defeats in 25 league games much of a blip. You are clutching at straws.

Also, we have won five league games in a row at home (six in all competitions), which clearly shows we are struggling.

We've lost a couple of players recently, most of whom will hopefully be back by the weekend. This weekend starts a run of four home games out of five. And we've had a harder run than our nearest rivals since the second half of the season began (we still have to play the bottom seven). But none of those facts matter to you as your desperate to make your miserable season feel a little bit better by coming on here after we've had a couple of poor results. Pathetic.

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
Listening to an Albion fan on Beesotted, he admitted that you're having a bad blip at the moment, without Stephens in midfield. Another one claimed Sidwell was the only Albion player to play the full 90 minutes.

A little inexperience from Canos at the end when he could have run the ball to the corner-flag rather than crossing into the box, cost Bees the 2 points for a win. So I guess Hughton will have you all in for extra training. And Murray can have extra training in how to stay on his feet as well. He never fell over for the team at Palace.

No because you have Zaha to do that,,,, the only person I know who could give Tom Daily a run for an Olympic gold.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

Here is a little stat you might want to consider, Brighton have lost 4 Games in the league this season, that's 3 less than Newcastle and 4 less than Reading, Huddersfield and Sheff W. I think a slump/blip was due don't you?. The important thing is how quickly can we get out of it.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
That's because you're not playing at the highest level of domestic football. I really hope Albion get promoted if only to have a cold bath of reality thrown in your face.

It was difficult to imagine many of your current side playing in the Prem, other than Stockdale and Solly March. Hemed maybe.

Bruno will be wiped out, he was regularly beaten by Jotta in the first half. And he's your skipper. For now.

So Knockaert, Dunk, Stephens, Kayal, Rosenior and Murray will all fail at the top level. Some might but others will do well, as will some players who you wouldn't expect to make it. How many of your fans would seriously have expected Damien Delaney to play so many games in the top flight when you were promoted?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

We are fully aware that Bruno isn't pacey enough anymore to play at that level... sadly

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
If we ever go up, we'll have to pay PL wages, but I'd hope we get players who will fight for the team. That's what's making Palace stand out at the moment. You seem to have amassed a very well paid team who couldn't give a shit. That's quite unlike your PL rivals.

That's mainly thanks to Pardew and getting rid of our fighters. I'm hoping that the new midfielder we have bought has a bit of bollocks about him. Allardyce can't really be blamed for it yet(even though I can't stand him), but it's not looking promising.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

It was a well deserved point in a pretty even match (look at the stats). We also hit the bar in our late spell and had them on the ropes so much that one of their players resorted to going down holding his head in the area. Not the one who went off who clearly was hurt but a couple of minutes later Knockaert was on the edge of the area about to cross and the referee stopped because this player was down in the area holding his head. Player gets up okay and we get the ball back but right back in our own half with Stockdale. You say Murray kept going down but that was one of the most cynical bits of cheating I've seen in a long time.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
That's mainly thanks to Pardew and getting rid of our fighters. I'm hoping that the new midfielder we have bought has a bit of bollocks about him. Allardyce can't really be blamed for it yet(even though I can't stand him), but it's not looking promising.

Big Sam's demeanour would be a worry for me. I know Saturday must have been rough as, but he already has that look that he gets when he's either about to get the boot or wants out of somewhere.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Losing 1-0 to Chelsea really hurt. But not as much I imagine as Albion knocked out of the Cup by a non-league side.
Are you serious? I couldn't give a stuff about the FA cup this year. We weren't even the biggest upset that weekend as Sutton (lower half of the National League) beat Leeds. And Newcastle conspired to lose 3 nil against Oxford - we're all (obviously) concentrating on the league.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Here is a little stat you might want to consider, Brighton have lost 4 Games in the league this season, that's 3 less than Newcastle and 4 less than Reading, Huddersfield and Sheff W. I think a slump/blip was due don't you?. The important thing is how quickly can we get out of it.

Do you mean we won't be able to strengthen our squad for the Premier league, if we go up?
Maybe, we just should sign so many players, that we have to immediately send some of them out on loan, like Holloway had too when you were first promoted

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
So Knockaert, Dunk, Stephens, Kayal, Rosenior and Murray will all fail at the top level. Some might but others will do well, as will some players who you wouldn't expect to make it. How many of your fans would seriously have expected Damien Delaney to play so many games in the top flight when you were promoted?

Knockaert didn't make it the first time.

Dunk will be tested for his inability to control his game. That could be very expensive.

Stephens is out of contract. Will he want to stay South?

Kayal isn't quite a good now as he was last season.

Rosenior? Hasn't played enough yet.

Murray? He looks like he's losing interest. He was anonymous at both the Terriers and the Bees games.

I agree that Delaney has been a disappointment. Pards shouldn't have sold the Jedi, he held our defence together.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Fair point. Look at Burnley, Boro and Hull all sitting so many points adrift from your most expensive squad ever.

P.S. You don't really hope Albion get promoted. Especially if it coincides with them being a division above you. Something you must have thought would never happen again when we were homeless and potless back in the late nineties. It would make you feel like the previously monied Blackburn fans looking up enviously at little Burnley. We would have to start calling you the Viv Nicholsons. All that money and nothing left to show for it. I'm sure us losing would we a comfort, but you don't really hope it happens. Do you?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Knockaert didn't make it the first time.

Dunk will be tested for his inability to control his game. That could be very expensive.

Stephens is out of contract. Will he want to stay South?

Kayal isn't quite a good now as he was last season.

Rosenior? Hasn't played enough yet.

Murray? He looks like he's losing interest. He was anonymous at both the Terriers and the Bees games.

I agree that Delaney has been a disappointment. Pards shouldn't have sold the Jedi, he held our defence together.

All of that is debatable:

Leicester offered Knockaert a new three year deal and he turned it down. He was only kept out of the side by Mahrez, rated the best player in the Premier League last season.

Dunk will do fine. He does have a rash challenge in him but I am confident he will be okay. Duffy, who I forgot first time, will also do well in my view

Stephens may well stay if we go up. This whole moving north thing doesn't seem to be true. He just wanted Premier League football

Kayal isn't as good at the moment but he was before his injury and he's only just coming back now

Rosenior has been a quality Premier League player before and, if he can stay fit, will do well next time

Murray has had two poor games. One he played alongside Hemed, which doesn't work, and got no service. Yesterday, he didn't really have a partner up front and again got little service. To say he's losing interest is ridiculous.

As for Delaney, you got confused with my point. My point was that when you went up, it would not be obvious that he'd be a regular in your team for the next three and a half seasons and counting. He didn't look that good in the Championship.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But BHA's infrastructure, resilience and 20k new fans
The problem with trying to use that stick to beat us with, is that it's an imaginary stick. We all know it's not 20k new fans. My friends who go all went to the Goldstone, Gillingham and the Withdean, but they used to go to maybe a quarter of the home games (which doesn't really include Priestfield) while now they're season ticket holders. You can pretend they're all new fans as much as you like, it still isn't true.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
The problem with trying to use that stick to beat us with, is that it's an imaginary stick. We all know it's not 20k new fans. My friends who go all went to the Goldstone, Gillingham and the Withdean, but they used to go to maybe a quarter of the home games (which doesn't really include Priestfield) while now they're season ticket holders. You can pretend they're all new fans as much as you like, it still isn't true.

It's amazing they still go on about it 6 seasons later completely ignoring their 10k new fans since they went up.

I wonder if the chap who offered Cabaye a fight was one of the new ones... or the chap who tried to headbutt Delaney for that matter?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Although not a friend of Triggaaars, I'm one of these supporters. I started at the Goldstone in 1969, and went all through the 70s 80s and 90s, when service in the forces, kids, wife, and finances allowed, and had a season ticket from 1990-97. I couldn't get to Priestfield more than once or twice a season, for the above reasons, and the same with Withdean.
I never supported any other team, and did my bit during the war years, more a private, than a General tho.
I've had a season ticket at the Amex since day one, and if all this makes me a JCL, I'll ear that badge with pride.
I think my supporting experience is duplicated by quite a few Albion fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here