Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Palace can't... 16/17

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We had a couple of sloppy moments at the back over 90 minutes but that's because we're trying to transition to a more possession based approach. Palace actually played very well yesterday, nobody was below a 7/10 and a few players in particular (Zaha, Townsend, Mcarthur) were magnificent.

I'm not sure who you mean by "all the half decent teams". Palace aren't competing with Sunderland/Stoke/Hull for relegation spots. With the squad we've got, anything less than a top half finish would be a failure. The likes of Mandanda, Dann, Cabaye, Zaha and Benteke won't stick around if we're sat in 14th place at the end of the season.
Deluded.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Just in case anyone was interested, Palace now 3rd favourites for relegation, and gone odds on (10/11) with Ladbrokes to be relegated.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I hope those scary hoodie kids didn't start burning stuff last night. Probably tucked up in bed by 9 instead though, while mummy brings them a nice cup of warm milk and some biscuits to cheer them up.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
They will be ok. They have the most talented squad ever -allegedly....

https://mobile.twitter.com/cpfc/status/827842892026695680

They also, allegedly, have the best fans in the world. The type of fans who'll get behind their team from the 1st minute to the 90th giving them the support they need to achieve a result. These are the sort of fans who would never walk out at half time and would never jump on to the pitch and confront their players. Palace have rewarded their loyal fans with light shows and T-Shirts cannons - they couldn't want for more.

They'll be fine................won't they?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It won't, but it will keep you off top spot. Good enough for me.

I'm far more confident of us being in the premier league than Brighton next season, we just have a clueless manager.

Who has been replaced by a far more clueless one

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
BREAKING NEWS!! Palace have signed Bruce on loan from London Zoo FC

CP Goalkeeper.jpg

BREAKING NEWS!! Palace have signed Bruce on loan from London Zoo FC till the end of the season!!! ❤💙 #CPFC

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
massive fire drill yesterday

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
Does anyone else think that the Return of the Makh's wild rambling post's remind them of a certain Seaside Eagle?

I had exactly the same thought just prior to reading your post.

I still remember fondly his assertion regarding the signing of Ross McCormack where he said, and I quote: "Trust me Ross is an Eagle!" :lolol:

That said the way things have gone with RM since he could have been a great addition. :thumbsup:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Pardew needs to go or we'll lose Benteke and Zaha before the start of next season. Two utterly brilliant footballers playing in the most poorly organised team in the division. The fact that this squad of players is currently in the bottom half of the league is a testament to how sensationally shit our defensive coaching has been. Even Big Fat Sam would have this lot banging on the European door. It's honestly painful to see such a fantastic set of players wasted like this.

I have no words

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Spare a thought for Palace fans everywhere! Imagine, you've had the shittiest footballing weekend ever and been utterly spanked by the bottom team in the League who handed you your arses on a plate. Your miserable weekend looks like giving you a brief glimmer of happiness and lift your mood of depression as your bitter rivals contrive to lose 3-2 after conceding a goal in the dying seconds of their game. You are eagerly planning to visit NSC and gloat a bit at how Brighton are choking and how you might reel in a few mugs to bite, the BBC website even confirms that Brighton have lost, Oh happy days...then you hear the name - Tomer Hemed and how he gloriously smashed in a bullet headed equaliser with the last kick of the game. The footballing gods are really pissing on your face and you slink away again to start another week of despair.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Yes. I have been banging my head against the wall repeatedly after watching the PL's 5th highest scorers concede ridiculously soft goals week after week because our defensive coaching is so poor.

When Pardew goes this team will fly up the table. The likes of Benteke and Zaha are far too good to be playing in the bottom half of the league. Wilf has 7 assists and 2 goals in his last 7 games, which is the sort of form that will see Spurs calling with a £30m bid in January.

The squad we've got is good enough to compete with the top 7/8 teams in this division. The likes of Benteke, Zaha, Cabaye, Mandanda are all superb players who would excel in a team managed by a competent individual. The reason we're struggling this season is because we've conceded the most set piece goals of any team in the division. If we had someone like Allardyce or Pulis we'd be absolutely fine. This team is far, far superior to the side Pulis came 11th with a couple of years ago; the difference is that we're now being set up by a cretin.

I still have no words

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Spare a thought for Palace fans everywhere! Imagine, you've had the shittiest footballing weekend ever and been utterly spanked by the bottom team in the League who handed you your arses on a plate. Your miserable weekend looks like giving you a brief glimmer of happiness and lift your mood of depression as your bitter rivals contrive to lose 3-2 after conceding a goal in the dying seconds of their game. You are eagerly planning to visit NSC and gloat a bit at how Brighton are choking and how you might reel in a few mugs to bite, the BBC website even confirms that Brighton have lost, Oh happy days...then you hear the name - Tomer Hemed and how he gloriously smashed in a bullet headed equaliser with the last kick of the game. The footballing gods are really pissing on your face and you slink away again to start another week of despair.
[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here