Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Palace can't... 16/17

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Yep, its a nightmare being in the Prem watching Cabaye, Benteke, Townsend and co.

Yep, 2016 in the Prem must be a real nightmare watching your team continually get the shit kicked out of them. How many games have you won this year?

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
Yep, 2016 in the Prem must be a real nightmare watching your team continually get the shit kicked out of them. How many games have you won this year?

2 in the league, 7 if you include cup run. Which is poor, no doubt, but we won 9 league games in 4 months between Aug - Dec when we had our best X1. We have added to the squad this year. Any of you that think we are going down with this current squad will be disappointed, we should be aiming at Top 10-12

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If a winger wins POTY it's normally because of there skill at taking on defenders.

Normally yes, but as I said, in bad years it's quite often the fans' favourite rather than skill. According to this website he scored 2 and had just 1 assist last year. That's not the stats of a player who has had a good year.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/85059/History/Wilfried-Zaha

Did we have a bad season though? 5th in Mid December. And an FA Cup Final, 10 mins away from winning it. The second half to season was poor no doubt but injuries hit us hard, but we stayed up and so that's mission accomplished.

Yes, you did have a bad season compared with expectations. I'm pretty sure that at the beginning of the season, just staying up wasn't the mission. It was surely to consolidate that 10th slot and keep your place alongside Stoke, Saints, Everton, West Ham. I've got a few Palace mates and they've said the same - last year saw you go back in your development to the point that this season, survival probably is the number one target as it was in 2013-14.

Last year you had Watford, Bournemouth and Norwich come up - all considerably weaker than Palace at the start of last year. This year you have Boro, Hull and Burnley. Hull are definitely weaker but they already have 6 points more than you. And Burnley and Boro are both tougher cookies than the teams that went up the year before.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
Normally yes, but as I said, in bad years it's quite often the fans' favourite rather than skill. According to this website he scored 2 and had just 1 assist last year. That's not the stats of a player who has had a good year.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/85059/History/Wilfried-Zaha

Yes, you did have a bad season compared with expectations. I'm pretty sure that at the beginning of the season, just staying up wasn't the mission. It was surely to consolidate that 10th slot and keep your place alongside Stoke, Saints, Everton, West Ham. I've got a few Palace mates and they've said the same - last year saw you go back in your development to the point that this season, survival probably is the number one target as it was in 2013-14.

Last year you had Watford, Bournemouth and Norwich come up - all considerably weaker than Palace at the start of last year. This year you have Boro, Hull and Burnley. Hull are definitely weaker but they already have 6 points more than you. And Burnley and Boro are both tougher cookies than the teams that went up the year before.

A winger is as only good as the striker he supplies to. Wickham missed a lot of chances that Benteke will now put away. I would expect a dramatic improvement on Wilfs stats this year.

At the start of the season, most people on the BBS said they'd be happy with staying up and having a good cup run. That's what transpired so it wasn't a bad season.

I don't fear any of the 3 teams that have come up, on paper our squad is much better. Pardew is a knob at times but I doubt he will get this team anywhere near the bottom 3, we are much stronger then last season in terms of players. You have to admit our signings have been decent so far.

This once great board has gone to shit.

But the £'s keep on rolling in.

Fair play [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] , when you wonder where all the long term posters have gone, read this thread again, and the many many others just the same.

But hey, as long as the £'s keep rolling in.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Funs over mate, we've rejected the bid.

And Sheebo, I'm still waiting. Where did I say Knockaert is better than Zaha?

Where did I say you directly said it? You're on my ignore list but just happened to see this. You BASICALLY admitted it by gloating that you'll get Knockaert if Zaha goes - why would you want a player who's not as good as what you had?! You've basically inadvertently admitted it because you are quite frankly stupid. You've made an utter embarrassment of yourself all day on our forum - may be time for a life? Or a bird? Maybe save for a brass? Just some life advice chap - your awful Facebook generation spelling mistake earlier has highlighted your need to try hard in school next year too.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
A winger is as only good as the striker he supplies to.

That's complete bullshit. What about Beckham, Giggs, Overmars? Great players able to change the game on their own with or without a good striker up to. Look at Knockaert. Can do it on his own or to someone else.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Knockeart would be solid replacement as I think he'd make it in the PL, but Zaha is definitely the superior player. Hence why we've rejected a bid of £15m for him, while Bloom would be biting our hands off if we bid that for Knockaert.

Oh do **** off Patrick... This 'if they've never played in the prem their not as good' bollocks is the sort of shite I'd expect from plastic prem fans - not those of your franchise - although I suppose you did get a 9 or 10 league head start (same as MK Dons) so probably aren't aware of real football.

Knockaert is much much better than Zaha. Assuming they keep their last years' form I will say the same thing even next year or the year after when either player isn't at our respective clubs... You're absolutely deluded like the rest of the kids on here who cannot ever fault CP2010FC or admit anything negative. Backs constantly up & constantly on the defence. Embarrassing.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Oh do **** off Patrick... This 'if they've never played in the prem their not as good' bollocks is the sort of shite I'd expect from plastic prem fans - not those of your franchise - although I suppose you did get a 9 or 10 league head start (same as MK Dons) so probably aren't aware of real football.

Knockaert is much much better than Zaha. Assuming they keep their last years' form I will say the same thing even next year or the year after when either player isn't at our respective clubs... You're absolutely deluded like the rest of the kids on here who cannot ever fault CP2010FC or admit anything negative. Backs constantly up & constantly on the defence. Embarrassing.

I didn't say anything of the sort; I clearly said that I think he'd make it in the Premier League. That said, he simply isn't as good as Wilf. Wilf at 19 was a better player than Knockaert is now.

I look forward to seeing Tony Bloom dismiss a £15m bid for Knockaert as "derisory" and "not even big enough to start a conversation".

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I didn't say anything of the sort; I clearly said that I think he'd make it in the Premier League. That said, he simply isn't as good as Wilf. Wilf at 19 was a better player than Knockaert is now.

I look forward to seeing Tony Bloom dismiss a £15m bid for Knockaert as "derisory" and "not even big enough to start a conversation".
Wilf at 19 was a better player than he is now.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

A) I think we already turned down £11mil for him
B) The Zaha bid was £12mil but we know what you lot are like with figures
C) Zaha has gone downhill as a player since 19!
D) Knockaert is better
E) Turning down a bid like that means nothing - you have a lot more money (admittedly underdeserved after your 2xadmins) - so you turning down a similar size bid is irrelevant.
F) You've replied within 10 mins or so at midnight on your rivals message board & the other tragic one who's embarrassed himself all day is still on here every 5 mins - I'm genuinely a bit worried for you both no matter what team you support... It's a bit sad fella :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Retiring from any CP2010FC threads for now - my job here is done. It's just too easy & the block button is brilliant. I'll just leave this here, courtesy of a neutral football account on social media :thumbsup: :wave:

image.jpeg

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
You keep mentioning your palace mates don't you ? Go on admit it you're making it up .

I am not that sad, my mates are good Palace who talk sense and don't spend their life's on oppositions web sites. If you spend more time on the Homesdale you would see that most of your fans are not happy, do
Not rate Pardew, think you have a good chance of going down, and think Bolaise and Cabaye are overrated. Try reading it and stay on there and give us a break from your deluded crap. I can assure you I have some very good mates who support Palace and one had just been banned from your board as they did not like what he was saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
I am not that sad, my mates are good Palace who talk sense and don't spend their life's on oppositions web sites. If you spend more time on the Homesdale you would see that most of your fans are not happy, do
Not rate Pardew, think you have a good chance of going down, and think Bolaise and Cabaye are overrated. Try reading it and stay on there and give us a break from your deluded crap. I can assure you I have some very good mates who support Palace and one had just been banned from your board as they did not like what he was saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BS

You may well have a couple of Palace mates who only seem to pass your negative information, Fair enough. But don't expect anyone to believe you, Would be the same if I started posting crap about Brighton that was passed to me from a Tarquin, Give it a rest eh!

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
He was playing in the Championship then. It's a big step up to the Premiership. Not that you'd know.

Why do you have to be so witless?

So, we have yet to grace the Premier League. We have yet to go into administration either. I would rather be second than be a thief.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Went for a lurk on their board. Someone on there reckons Zaha is worth £30 million, im currently cleaning up the coffee i spat out.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
Why do you have to be so witless?

So, we have yet to grace the Premier League. We have yet to go into administration either. I would rather be second than be a thief.

That would imply we cheated intentionally when really it was naïve financial mis-management and other circumstances like relegation that caused it.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here