Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Palace can't... 16/17

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I could have gone to this game with my other half. I am truly gutted that I decided to stay on the sofa.

Still. We're both delighted tonight. He's just texted me to say he's surrounded by pissed off Palace fans on the train home. One openly stating he wished they had Glenn Murray up front instead of [£32 million] Benteke.

Others have spent fifteen minutes slating Cabaye "running around with his ****ing blonde hair" :lolol:

https://vimeo.com/197966993

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Can't believe people even recently saying there was no chance Palace are going down.

They are in BIG trouble. They've been on a horrible run of form for over a YEAR and are all over the place as a club.

Their final run of fixtures includes;

Chelsea AWAY
Arsenal
Liverpool AWAY
Man City AWAY
Hull - potentially fighting for their lives
Man Utd AWAY

If they're still as close to the relegation zone as they are now when these come along, they could be absolutely ****ED.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I could have gone to this game with my other half. I am truly gutted that I decided to stay on the sofa.

Still. We're both delighted tonight.

You won't be when he crashes in through the front door at 01.38, singing Land of My Fathers at the top of his voice and clatters around in the kitchen for 30 minutes trying to make a sandwich with everything left over from Christmas. No, you won't be delighted then. :)

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Palace are joint top in the 'conceded most opening goals' list - 15 games. From those they got 6 points total (W1, D3, L11)

They are also top of the 'conceded most opening goals at home' list - 8 games. 1 point from those! W0, D1, L7)

Basically if you score before Palace, you've as good as won. Shocking.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
You won't be when he crashes in through the front door at 01.38, singing Land of My Fathers at the top of his voice and clatters around in the kitchen for 30 minutes trying to make a sandwich with everything left over from Christmas. No, you won't be delighted then. :)

Frankly, after that result, I'd gladly stay up until 01:38 and make the sandwich for him, then sit down and watch the highlights together (which I've generously SkyPlused for him, as well as watching them myself, twice) :clap2:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Frankly, after that result, I'd gladly stay up until 01:38 and make the sandwich for him, then sit down and watch the highlights together (which I've generously SkyPlused for him, as well as watching them myself, twice) :clap2:

Keeper.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Can't believe people even recently saying there was no chance Palace are going down.

They are in BIG trouble. They've been on a horrible run of form for over a YEAR and are all over the place as a club.

Their final run of fixtures includes;

Chelsea AWAY
Arsenal
Liverpool AWAY
Man City AWAY
Hull - potentially fighting for their lives
Man Utd AWAY

If they're still as close to the relegation zone as they are now when these come along, they could be absolutely ****ED.

:O:O:O yes, they will

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

He's just got in. He's still grinning. I mean, even he knows Swansea are likely to go down anyway, but he's had a fine night out in Croydon, and not many people ever say that. Cracking open a well earned beer as we speak.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
He says he has to bring players in, but who will really want to go there, as at present they are looking like the worst side down there after tonights performance.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

What a forking joke. One days extra rest. No mention the taffies had to travel all the way up whereas his mob just stayed in their Croydon slums.
Outrageous decisions against them.
His record never going down is going to be spoiled.
Tw4t

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex

Well I hope you're right but Allardyce is a very effective manager and I fear he will have them hoofballing their way to safety. Plus Swansea, Hull and Sunderland all look really poor.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
What a forking joke. One days extra rest. No mention the taffies had to travel all the way up whereas his mob just stayed in their Croydon slums.
Outrageous decisions against them.
His record never going down is going to be spoiled.
Tw4t

"Go into the market and fill my pockets. GAPS, FILL THOSE GAPS I meant. Sorry"

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
He's just got in. He's still grinning. I mean, even he knows Swansea are likely to go down anyway, but he's had a fine night out in Croydon, and not many people ever say that. Cracking open a well earned beer as we speak.

Away game nights out like that are the one's to savour and live long in the memory. I still recall midweek trips to places like Rushden and Diamonds, made more out of a sense of duty rather than hope, and coming away with an unlikely 3 points and no voice.

Great stuff. That result tonight has made me happier than I have any right to be.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Well I hope you're right but Allardyce is a very effective manager and I fear he will have them hoofballing their way to safety. Plus Swansea, Hull and Sunderland all look really poor.

They were playing hoof all but he didn't tell them to do that. In fact at half time he specifically asked them who told them to do that.
They were confused he said. :glare:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Sunderland - Defoe can always get goals, so they have a chance. Looking better than Palace ATM in my opinion.
Hull - Yes, should go down, but potential new manager bounce.
Swansea - I don't think the likes of Llorente and Sigurdsson are that much worse than what Palace can currently offer. Again, new manager and could run Palace close.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
apparently Delaney gave the Palace fans the middle finger as they walked off at half time after getting booed. Amazing stuff going on at Palace.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here