Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Palace can't... 16/17

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
So who do most Brighton fans want to be relegated now Barton has rejoined Burnley? If it has to be just one.....Palace or the reviled Clarets?

There's no contest, we LIKE Ashley Barnes for a start, and personally I thought you went up on merit last season. Barton is Barton, no grudge against your whole club for the actions of one wind up merchant.

Palace have no redeeming features at all, and I regularly hear them descibed as a 'small club' on the TV and radio too.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So who do most Brighton fans want to be relegated now Barton has rejoined Burnley? If it has to be just one.....Palace or the reviled Clarets?

I think there's very little hate for Burnley on here? Frustration more at the ref and specifically Joey Barton. Plenty of respect otherwise for Burnley.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I'd rather Middlesbrough went down than you, to be honest, just as long as it isn't at Palace's expense. (Yours was a particularly stupid question)

I know that point you got at ours was partly down to Joey Bellend not being sent off, but to be fair you deserved it purely for having a goal wrongly chalked off and besides, as far as I'm concerned you're probably still in credit with us after actually giving a toss at Reading two seasons beforehand, and chuckling at those muppets celebrating 7th.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

To be honest, Burnley barely register on our radar. There's no real history of animosity between the clubs, it's Barton we detest. And the answer to your question is Palace. Palace all day long.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Like Burnley as a club. No crass over-spending. Mostly down-to-earth fans. Perfectly happy for them to stay up.

Barton is clearly a massive bell-end though, and not much keen on Dyche.

Palace all day, all night, and every day thereafter.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Barton is a prize cock but compared to the festering, puss ridden, boil on the arse of football that is CPFC2010 Ltd, I love him.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The Holmesdale board makes for amusing reading. The thread where some guy is complaining that some fans have given up already is full of......fans who have given up already.

The ones who are trying to be positive include one who thinks that signing Evra will save them and another who is pinning his hopes on Sammy Lee. My sides hurt.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The Holmesdale board makes for amusing reading. The thread where some guy is complaining that some fans have given up already is full of......fans who have given up already.

The ones who are trying to be positive include one who thinks that signing Evra will save them and another who is pinning his hopes on Sammy Lee. My sides hurt.
Why don't they post this on NSC ?

All we get is how rosy things are at palace ? ???

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Don't like Burnley mainly because of Dyche, maybe a good manager, but basically a loud mouth prick with no class.

But despise Palace, so would prefer Burnley to stay up on that basis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I am still in admiration of Sean Dyche and his Burnley team, who, with promotion already secured and nothing to play for, still gave 100% to prevent Reading winning the last game of the 2013/14 season and prompted the funniest pitch invasion ever.

The Barton stuff is just panto for me. Does that answer your question?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Why don't they post this on NSC ?

All we get is how rosy things are at palace ? ???

I hope I’m wrong, but I believe we are down now. There are 17 games left and even averaging a point a game would only get us to 33 points. Of these 17, regardless of last season’s results, I don’t think we can realistically expect to get anything from the games against Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and the two Manchester teams.

This means that to reach 36 points (the bare minimum to give us any chance of survival) we will need 20 more points from home games against Everton, Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Watford, Leicester, Burnley and Hull and away games at Bournemouth, Stoke, West Brom and Southampton. If we had Burnley’s home record we could do it, but we don’t.

If we repeat last season’s results, even allowing for wins against Middlesbrough, Burnley and Hull, we will gain just another 14 points and the way things are going I don’t see us getting anything out of Everton, Stoke or maybe even Bournemouth this time round. That would reduce the haul to just 9 more points, giving us a season’s total of 25.

Where I’m hoping we can do better is in the home games against Sunderland and Watford, which were both defeats last season, but even six more points on to 25 won’t help us a great deal.

If by some miracle we do stay up, by bettering the results of the teams below us, it looks likely that it would be with a record low safety points total.

Frankly, given the chance, I would replace most of our lot with a team of League One grafters that would play for the shirt rather than the pay cheque. They might still go down, but at least they would go down fighting. Oh well, at least next season we might be able to rebuild.

https://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=164695&page=1

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here