Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Palace can't... 16/17

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
You can stick your f***ing kodi up your arse,
Stick your f***ing kodi up your arse,
Stick your f***ing kodi, stick your f***ing kodi, stick your f***ing kodi up your arse!!!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Over the past 5 years we've spent £200m on a beautiful stadium and a world class training facility that will benefit us for years and years to come.

Over the past 5 years they have spent £200m on players and agents and nothing on their crumbling wooden ground.

We are now in the same division.

I think I know which position I and every other football fan, would rather be in.

End thread!!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Have Sky sacked that smug goggle eyed thicko Mark Bright or have they just kept him away from Brighton games when we were doing so well? Pleased to say i haven't heard hide nor hair of him this season. Has his thickness been found out?

I don't have Sky so only watch the Albion on Now TV and remember him featuring quite heavily in the past on Albion games.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
You've also had the luck of not having crooked owners stealing your ground, plus the odd Administration to wipe out huge debts.

Giving you a natural financial advantage to have better squads to operate in higher divisions over the last 20 years.

Perhaps, but no one on either side is going to admit it, the clubs going forward are of a similar size?
They have had crooked owners though- the big difference being they screwed creditors and charities-three times isn't it? Two times while we were stuck at Withdean I believe. And they still feel comfortable gloating and dragging out the tired old 'plastics' bullshit. Says so much about what a scummy little club they really are.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Have Sky sacked that smug goggle eyed thicko Mark Bright or have they just kept him away from Brighton games when we were doing so well? Pleased to say i haven't heard hide nor hair of him this season. Has his thickness been found out?

I don't have Sky so only watch the Albion on Now TV and remember him featuring quite heavily in the past on Albion games.
He was on yesterday and your description of him is 100% accurate. A thicker thicko would be hard to find.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Have you noticed that many Albion fans on this board have given credit where it is due and acknowledged Palace’s resurgence under Allardyce? Indeed, when Palace won promotion, a special thread was created on NSC, by the Mods, to enable fans of both clubs to exchange pleasantries, and on that thread Albion fans (grudgingly, of course, but it was done) congratulated Palace.

Compare that with the BBS, where not a single word of congratulation has been recorded. Rather, from that quarter, we have seen nothing but vile and bitter outpourings.

Albion’s promotion to the Premier League is the culmination of twenty years of rebuilding from scratch. Yes, the club has depended on the largesse of a single man, but that man is a lifelong Albion fan. Success has been achieved by capitalising on the chairman’s investment, not on the backs of creditors’ money. Yet all we hear from Palace is that Albion have “bought” promotion, that promotion has been achieved by indebtedness, and that, consequently, the achievement that is promotion to the top-flight has been shamefully tarnished.

I tell you what does tarnish a promotion. Leaving two administrations aside, an episode like Poogate tarnishes the reputation of a club, not just its on-field success. It was the reputation of the Albion that people at Palace, to the very top of its hierarchy, knowing the truth of the matter all along, were happy to see dragged through the mud. Once the truth came out, there was no apology from anyone at Crystal Palace and no corrective coverage from the media (which had been happy to make a story out of Poogate when it was believed that Palace had been wronged).

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
In reply to Gripper.

Difference being that our income over the past 5 years have more than covered our costs, We have had 3 seasons showing a profit. Brighton have bought promotion through one man pumping £250m into the club. On a side note, Did anyone on here find out where Blooms billions came from? If so could you link me to his UK accounts so I can have a look, ta. :thumbsup:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
In reply to Gripper.

Difference being that our income over the past 5 years have more than covered our costs, We have had 3 seasons showing a profit. Brighton have bought promotion through one man pumping £250m into the club. On a side note, Did anyone on here find out where Blooms billions came from? If so could you link me to his UK accounts so I can have a look, ta. :thumbsup:

Is that why you had to get some Yanks to heavily invest in your club? Why have you not spent that money on upgrading your facilities?

You would love an owner like Bloom (A true fan) and the infrastructure we have... We are doing things the RIGHT way.. You know it's true, just admit it!

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
In reply to Gripper.

Bought promotion, you really are a hot steaming turd.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Bought promotion, you really are a hot steaming turd.

They give it all that crap about Bloom (a true fan) investing but conveniently forget to mention they have ultimately been saved by some Yanks (who will look to franchise them, no doubt) heavily investing in their 7 year old club!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
In reply to Gripper.

Difference being that our income over the past 5 years have more than covered our costs, We have had 3 seasons showing a profit. Brighton have bought promotion through one man pumping £250m into the club. On a side note, Did anyone on here find out where Blooms billions came from? If so could you link me to his UK accounts so I can have a look, ta. [emoji106]

Only if you link us to your UK accounts first so we can all have a look, ta.

[emoji38]ol:

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
They give it all that crap about Bloom (a true fan) investing but conveniently forget to mention they have ultimately been saved by some Yanks (who will look to franchise them, no doubt) heavily investing in their 7 year old club!

But as we know Price Charming will be on Dragons Den, how excited must they be. And our Tony our very own Tony Bloom the fan that cares about The Albion, what is not love about all this.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
In reply to Gripper.

Jealousy is a horrible trait, try not to let it show.

Bloom's story is hardly a secret. Try Google.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
In reply to Gripper.

How have we bought promotion? What should we have done? Stayed at Withdean without a pot to piss in? That would have suited you, wouldn’t it? Most of Tony Bloom’s investment has been spent on the new stadium and training ground, which are the foundations, the very basics, of any club playing at any level.

If you are going to argue that we have bought promotion then at least have the good grace to concede that we did it with our own money (since Tony Bloom owns the club and is a fan), rather than with the money of small businesses and charities that we ripped off.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
In reply to Gripper.

Bought promotion ?

Our record signing (RECORD signing) was Shane Duffy, for £4m. And our wage bill is the 9th highest in the Championship (yet we're top by 7 points).

Try again, dumbo.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Is that why you had to get some Yanks to heavily invest in your club? Why have you not spent that money on upgrading your facilities?

You would love an owner like Bloom (A true fan) and the infrastructure we have... We are doing things the RIGHT way.. You know it's true, just admit it!

The original 4 owners put the money in to save the club they love(true fans), None of them planned to buy CPFC. The yanks have been bought in to supply more financial muscle and to allow the original 4 to get some money back on their investment they didn't plan for.

Plenty of upgrades to inside Selhurst in areas an away fan will not see, I'd say the reason they haven't spent big so far is that stands will be demolished and replaced one by one. Hardly worth throwing money at something that will be knocked down, is it?

Bloom seems a decent chap, But i'm happier having our club owned by 4 true fans and a couple of yanks in it for the money than the club being owned by one man who's income streams are not visible.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
The original 4 owners put the money in to save the club they love(true fans), None of them planned to buy CPFC. The yanks have been bought in to supply more financial muscle and to allow the original 4 to get some money back on their investment they didn't plan for.

Plenty of upgrades to inside Selhurst in areas an away fan will not see, I'd say the reason they haven't spent big so far is that stands will be demolished and replaced one by one. Hardly worth throwing money at something that will be knocked down, is it?

Bloom seems a decent chap, But i'm happier having our club owned by 4 true fans and a couple of yanks in it for the money than the club being owned by one man who's income streams are not visible.

You are DELUDED...

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Bought promotion ?

Our record signing (RECORD signing) was Shane Duffy, for £4m. And our wage bill is the 9th highest in the Championship (yet we're top by 7 points).

Try again, dumbo.

Give £250m interest free to historically similar sized clubs such as Luton or Plymouth and I'm sure they would be able to boost themselves up the leagues.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Give £250m interest free to historically similar sized clubs such as Luton or Plymouth and I'm sure they would be able to boost themselves up the leagues.

You are a ****! Where would you be without the Yanks? Playing championship football in front of 14k again?

You know it! Jealousy is an evil trait!

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
You are a ****! Where would you be without the Yanks? Playing championship football in front of 14k again?

You know it! Jealousy is an evil trait!

No need to be rude.

Without the yanks? Who knows, the current board were doing a fine job before they arrived so i'd like to think just where we are now.

No jealousy here. I have previously congratulated you guys on promotion on here, lets just not forget what it cost to achieve your shot at the big time. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here