Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Palace can't... 16/17

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I don't think we're in for a relegation battle (and neither do the bookies) but something certainly seems fishy at the moment. I'm not massively concerned because a poorly trained monkey could keep this Palace side in the league with the squad we've got, but I wouldn't be totally against Pardew going. Sometimes he's a great manager, sometimes he's a crap manager, but he's always a knob.

But don't forget that he can switch from caring to dominant.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't think we're in for a relegation battle (and neither do the bookies) but something certainly seems fishy at the moment. I'm not massively concerned because a poorly trained monkey could keep this Palace side in the league with the squad we've got, but I wouldn't be totally against Pardew going. Sometimes he's a great manager, sometimes he's a crap manager, but he's always a knob.

[tweet]767039594734972928[/tweet]

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Good Lord is that the best you can do? You still come across as a hypocritical illiterate ignoramus I'm afraid.

In all fairness, [MENTION=29419]Return of the Makh[/MENTION] did attempt a bit of a debate with me, but appears to have given up after my last post.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Would be a strange one. Zaha was supposedly happy at Palace so unless something has changed massively in the last few weeks I'd expect this is just his agent trying to get him a new deal. His wages are significantly lower than our top earners (Benteke, Cabaye, Mandanda) and probably feels a bit hard done by considering he was our player of the year last season.

And there, in that moderately small throwaway paragraph, is the well-trodden path of destruction for small-to-medium sized clubs who are just passing through the Premier League, such as CPFC2010.

Nouveau-riche clubs suddenly AWASH with cash, so they start pushing the boat out, throwing mind-boggling amounts of cash around on bang-average players who arrive on an absolute kings ransom of a contract. This inevitably leads to a line of other players knocking on Disney's door, hand in hand with their agents, saying "errr...hang on a minute....where's all MY bunce then ?" And so the cycle begins.

Admin 3. Coming soon, to a club near us.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well this IS fun. I pop out for a couple of hours and return to discover Tiny Tears is stamping his feet and demanding to leave one crappy, unpleasant part of London for another?

All is not well at Castle Greyskull, it appears.

Shame :wave:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
[tweet]767039594734972928[/tweet]

You really should stop posting twitter updates, especially ones from Brighton fans !
My understanding of the Wilf situation is this, he's currently on £35 k a week, and is getting frustrated with Palace dragging their heels about a new contract. He has a £15 mill buy out clause, which his agent ( Will Salthouse ?) has revealed to his mate Daniel Levy.
Don't know how it's going to pan out, but it isn't great timing.
PS - think we'll go for Burke at Forest if Wilf does leave.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Lovely stuff, and with no trace of irony.

So let's recap. You come on OUR site, to tell us the "fact" that Dunk was your 2nd choice because there is no proof otherwise whilst simultaneously insisting Tomkins is better and was always first choice - but you can't provide any proof. You then use the words "Your look a fool if it happens", straight out of the simpleton's handbook.

When I chuckle at this, you mention something about a plastic seagull, which I doubt you know anything about (unless the inadequate gobshites on your away end forum have decided to mention in their usual sneering cowardly manner which wouldn't surprise me). It just looks all very desperate and sad on your part. Sorry if you're hurting. Maybe you should take a break from a forum for a club you don't even support, yeah?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Don't upset this one, I've seen what he and his crew get up to on away days .

Yes, yes. Now you can run along and post on one of those two sad threads in your away end about this little interchange. Is it still just the two threads, or are there more these days dedicated to sneering at people on here?

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
So let's recap. You come on OUR site, to tell us the "fact" that Dunk was your 2nd choice because there is no proof otherwise whilst simultaneously insisting Tomkins is better and was always first choice - but you can't provide any proof. You then use the words "Your look a fool if it happens", straight out of the simpleton's handbook.

When I chuckle at this, you mention something about a plastic seagull, which I doubt you know anything about (unless the inadequate gobshites on your away end forum have decided to mention in their usual sneering cowardly manner which wouldn't surprise me). It just looks all very desperate and sad on your part. Sorry if you're hurting. Maybe you should take a break from a forum for a club you don't even support, yeah?

Someone's angry! Why would I be hurting? We are Premier League baby

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Thanks for the compliment.

I trust my source, he's got multiple things right in the past.

It wasn't a compliment, merely a statement of fact that you had actually entered into debate with me, which I am happy to continue.

Will you now agree with me that your mate telling you something he'd heard is not actually proof though? By your own definition what one journalist reports in one published article is not proof, so what another journalist allegedly tells your friend but then doesn't report in a published article at all can't possibly be regarded as fact can it?

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
It wasn't a compliment, merely a statement of fact that you had actually entered into debate with me, which I am happy to continue.

Will you now agree with me that your mate telling you something he'd heard is not actually proof though? By your own definition what one journalist reports in one published article is not proof, so what another journalist allegedly tells your friend but then doesn't report in a published article at all can't possibly be regarded as fact can it?

Yes, I agree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here