Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Palace can't... 16/17

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Sadly, I think Swansea, Sunderland and Hull are all worse than Palace. And just in case one of those three find a bit of form, I also think (hope) 'Boro will sink without trace as well.
Swansea were a bit unlucky at Seventh placed Everton, Sunderland have found a bit of form in the last two games...I think Hull will finish bottom though.

It's getting more uncomfortable every week for our chums.

We, on the other hand, are having a great season again. I know who's having the most fun!

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Would be very interested to see their 'Points per £1M spent in the summer'' against the rest too.

Palace - 55m - 11 points = 5m per point
Leicester - 47m - 12 points = 3.9m per point ( not including Champions league points....!)
Swansea - 20m - 6 points - 3.6m per point
Sunderland - 21m - 8 points - 2.5m per point
West Ham - 15m - 11 points - 1.3m per point
Hull - 13m - 10 points = 1.3m per point
Middelsboro - 7m - 11 points = 0.6m per point

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
How shit do you actually have to be to be in the bottom 3.

Very frustrating to see Palace week after week get turned over but still stay out the bottom 3.

Even more annoying is they are only 1 win from mid table.

You just need to be absolutely gash to be in that drop zone.

Roll on Swansea. Fancy Palace to win but Swansea should be up for it.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Leicester - 47m - 12 points = 3.9m per point ( not including Champions league points....!)

That's some good analysis there, but surely it has to be a 'net' spend to give a truer picture of this 'points-per-game' representation.
Do you have the figures at hand to crunch those numbers ?

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Palace are on the worst form in all four divisions.

In the calendar year 2016. The stats are shown over 31 games, but only 12 of them have been played this season, so 19 games included in the stats are pretty much irrelevant to this season.

See above. And technically West Ham as well as all four are below Palace in the table.

I just don't get this latest penchant for producing calendar year stats as they are mostly completely meaningless.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
In the calendar year 2016. The stats are shown over 31 games, but only 12 of them have been played this season, so 19 games included in the stats are pretty much irrelevant to this season.

See above. And technically West Ham as well as all four are below Palace in the table.

I just don't get this latest penchant for producing calendar year stats as they are mostly completely meaningless.
It's just a lovely way to laugh at the sad sad car crash that is crystal palace. You don't have to partake.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
That's some good analysis there, but surely it has to be a 'net' spend to give a truer picture of this 'points-per-game' representation.
Do you have the figures at hand to crunch those numbers ?

Why spoil the fun ?
But if you want to know, the players sold ( Palace) came to around £40 mill, so a net spend of around £15 mill.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Why spoil the fun ?
But if you want to know, the players sold ( Palace) came to around £40 mill, so a net spend of around £15 mill.

Well, you can't really spend much more than the £15 million as you need to spend fortunes on wages for 'players' like Adebayor.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Well, you can't really spend much more than the £15 million as you need to spend fortunes on wages for 'players' like Adebayor.

He's gone , do keep up .

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

£55 this club have come a long way, that's 2 administrations in one transfer window

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Thats the kind of quote a Nigel would come up with.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Why spoil the fun ?

I believe it was £8.8m net spend . Also with all the players we released the wage bill hasn't increased by much so it's all good for the new manager in the next window .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I believe it was £8.8m net spend . Also with all the players we released the wage bill hasn't increased by much so it's all good for the new manager in the next window .

Not confident of beating Swansea then? Or have you just seen him dancing down to the Croydon job centre, P45 in hand?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
It's just a lovely way to laugh at the sad sad car crash that is crystal palace. You don't have to partake.

Since Palace have now spent 7 years in the Premiership and 16 years in the top league against a fat zero and a measly 4 for Albion that makes your situation something like a unicycle trying to stay upright. Thanks to Mr Bloom.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here