Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Palace can't... 16/17

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No matter how much plastic we've had there's no way we'll ever beat the clappers for the play off semi:lolol:

Kept as souvenir of the occasion just to cheer me up whenever I feel a bit down :whistle:
Cheers me up no end along with watching the Dvd of the game itself :amex: where Palace dreams came true.

Oh yeah the shirt:clap: Perfectly sums you lot up:wave:

That was in ONE game, and never seen again. All of your equally embarrassing shit is at EVERY SINGLE GAME. There isn't a side in the 92 that comes even vaguely close to how hilarious you lot are currently.

That was in ONE game, and never seen again. All of your equally embarrassing shit is at EVERY SINGLE GAME. There isn't a side in the 92 that comes even vaguely close to how hilarious you lot are currently.

Palace have used clappers, a fact conveniently missed by all their posters.

Although using them for that game was in my mind a disaster.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Oh yeah the shirt

Confucius says "don't throw stones in a glass house, Nigel".

BrZZJTOCYAAMJAl.jpg

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
No matter how much plastic we've had there's no way we'll ever beat the clappers for the play off semi:lolol:

Kept as souvenir of the occasion just to cheer me up whenever I feel a bit down :whistle:
Cheers me up no end along with watching the Dvd of the game itself :amex: where Palace dreams came true.

To be fair. The clackers really were the salt to rub in the wounds that day. A terrible decision by us.

But you don't have anything else to gloat about do you? We're below you on paper, therefore you should have the bragging rights. But the fact is that your club is on the slide and our club is on the up. I'm talking long-term here. We've taken years to build solid foundations for the club to be successful and sustainable for years to come. You've just employed Sam bloody Allardyce to try to keep your (american owned) heads above water in a crumbling stadium.. But at least you've got cladding, flashy lights and Yohan Cabaye right?

I guess you won't be too bothered when you inevitably get relegated though - the premier league represents everything your fans hate about modern football doesn't it?

Last edited:

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

Are you feeling a bit down at the moment, with being the 20th richest club in the world and the fans being ripped off at £20 to watch the mighty Bolton. All by those wonderful owners, who are now making you Yankee Doodle Dandies and proud?

Good to be owned by people that know nothing about football do you think?

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Pardew's the only manager (that I know of) where the fans have actually hounded him out though, and even then if Palace hadn't hilariously paid actual real life millions for that smug charlatan, Pardew would likely still be at the club. The owner was in no hurry to get rid, the protests and boycotts, while decent, weren't moving either man towards the door and not to get into a "big club" debate, but we were probably the biggest club old Pardiola will ever manage.

We have been spoiled by having a few managers that we loved; Keegan, Robson, Hughton and now Rafa. But mostly we know a wrongu'un when we see him. Keegan failed to get assurances from the board and left after he irreparably damaged his relationship with them, Dalglish was given a fair crack of the whip and had us playing turgid football but it was the trigger happy board that got shot of him, Gullit saw the exit because he lost the bootroom's key men in Shearer, Lee, Barton and Ferguson, Sir Bobby started a season badly and rather than being moved upstairs, he was undermined and disrespected by the board. Souness was fired by the board for mediocre performances, bad football and falling out with players. Roeder did ok, but was only ever seen as an interim manager by the board and fans. Ashley got shot of Allardyce so that he could bring in Keegan to try to win the fans over.

Hughton should never have been replaced by Pardew, the football wasn't great but we were on course to survive in the top flight, the players were loved on the stands and the manager was quietly getting on with his job with minimum fuss despite the owner cutting him off at the knees.

Geordies get a bad reputation in the press, but with a small amount of sense checking, we're nowhere near as bad as we're made out. We just get a disproportionate amount of coverage because we're good for some nonsense to fill column inches.

re: the Palace fans, they seem to have fallen into the same trap as a few; thinking that by virtue of being in the Premier League, they're bigger and better than any club in the Championship. By virtue of their players having Premier League badges on their arm, they're de facto better than Championship players. There isn't a magic portal you pass through on promotion/relegation, a player has to be judged on his own merits, e.g. Knockaert would stroll into their first team, and would likely get into teams like West Brom or Stoke, maybe Everton or Southampton too. Perhaps Dunk would too.

If you were to include the top two teams of the Championship into a 22 team top flight, would we be rock bottom? Would we shite. If you asked an Aldershot fan to name the 20 biggest clubs in England, would Palace feature in that list? Would they shite.

They're having their day in the sun and all power to them, but hubris is vindictive bitch who should be respected.

I like this post a lot, and with hindsight I agree with you that Newcastle do get unfair press in order to fill column inches with rubbish. Mind you, I can't say it matters who the 20 biggest clubs in England are. We all know that Newcastle probably are and the Nigels aren't, but so what? The point is, there are far bigger sticks to beat the Nigels with than that.

Anyway, I think Prince Charming has decided they are going to be one of the biggest clubs in the country now. So that's that then. :thumbsup:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
To be fair. The clackers really were the salt to rub in the wounds that day. A terrible decision by us.

But you don't have anything else to gloat about do you? We're below you on paper, therefore you should have the bragging rights. But the fact is that your club is on the slide and our club is on the up. I'm talking long-term here. We've taken years to build solid foundations for the club to be successful and sustainable for years to come. You've just employed Sam bloody Allardyce to try to keep your (american owned) heads above water in a crumbling stadium.. But at least you've got cladding, flashy lights and Yohan Cabaye right?

I guess you won't be too bothered when you inevitably get relegated though - the premier league represents everything your fans hate about modern football doesn't it?

Genuine question to the Palace folk on here - what are the plans for Selhurst? Where have all the Premier League millions gone (I think it's 3 years now in the top flight....that's an awful lot of dosh. It can't all have gone on Benteke and that bloke from Spurs).

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

I agree the clackers were a huge faux pas, but,we only did that once, unlike your incessant plasticity, even the ground breaking light show has been done on several occasions at Selhurst, even though it has made you the laughing stock of football, your heirs by still insist on persisting with it.
And that's without all the rest of your American style crap, as mentioned n my original post and added to by other posters, you lot make MK Dons look like the real deal

Yet none of you are prepared to put a £50 charity bet to Remf on us going down :p

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
I like this post a lot, and with hindsight I agree with you that Newcastle do get unfair press in order to fill column inches with rubbish. Mind you, I can't say it matters who the 20 biggest clubs in England are. We all know that Newcastle probably are and the Nigels aren't, but so what? The point is, there are far bigger sticks to beat the Nigels with than that.

Anyway, I think Prince Charming has decided they are going to be one of the biggest clubs in the country now. So that's that then. :thumbsup:
The whole big club thing is a nonsense, every fanbase has a specific criteria to describe what constitutes a "big club"; Trophy haul, Recent trophy haul, Leagues not cups, FA cups not League cups, Wealth, Stadium capacity, Average Attendances, Average Away Attendances, Global awareness, social media footprint...

If you're an English Football League club you are, by default, a big club when stacked up against the majority of clubs from abroad.

Crystal Palace won't be a huge club in our lifetimes, Hell, they might not be a top flight club for much longer, how're they suddenly going to surpass the likes of Everton and Spurs?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yet none of you are prepared to put a £50 charity bet to Remf on us going down :p
As you've had it explained many times on this thread, nobody expects you to go down, we're just enjoying the fact it might happen. Meanwhile, if you want that bet you'd just need to offer similar odds to a bookies. Currently you are 1/4 to stay up. If you were to pay £50 if you went down where we offered £12.50 if you stayed up, I'm sure there would be plenty of takers.

But seeing as you're being a bit of a gobshite on this issue, preferring to trot out the old "not prepared to bet £50 nonsense", I'm not expecting you to offer that.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The fact is that your club is on the slide and our club is on the up. I'm talking long-term here.

We've known this since day one at the Amex. Palace have done really well (genuinely) to still be above us. The natural order of things has very obviously changed. There is no doubt whatsoever that the next 20 years will be more successful for us than Palace, unless they change a huge amount in terms of ownership and the direction of the club.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

That makes you sound far ore tragic than you wanted it to...

As you've had it explained many times on this thread, nobody expects you to go down, we're just enjoying the fact it might happen. Meanwhile, if you want that bet you'd just need to offer similar odds to a bookies. Currently you are 1/4 to stay up. If you were to pay £50 if you went down where we offered £12.50 if you stayed up, I'm sure there would be plenty of takers.

But seeing as you're being a bit of a gobshite on this issue, preferring to trot out the old "not prepared to bet £50 nonsense", I'm not expecting you to offer that.

How many times?
Am not interested in profit! I give a donation every year to Remf regardless of how we do, So once again it's just a charity bit of fun bet
and despite the amount of you spouting we'll go down none of you will put a £50 Remf donation bet up.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
How many times Am not interested in profit! I give a donation every year to Remf regardless so it's just a charity bit of fun and despite the amount of you spouting we'll go down none of you will put a £50 Remf donation bet up.

But they'd be better off placing a bet with a bookies and THEN giving the proceeds to charity.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Far from it,such a massive game and after all we were the underdogs so to beat you at the Amex when you were giving it so much bollox is one to savour forever:thumbsup::

How is the Selhurst stadium bowl this season? enjoying the light shows and your Hot Dogs and popcorn....Palace are more Americanised than Americans...It is truly tragic!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here