Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Palace can't... 16/17

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
We? I mean Tony Bloom has got the stadium and the facilities. What does Brighton and Hove Albion actually OWN? Without legal/financial shackles like "secured on"?

The vast majority of the debt which was given up in 2010 was on players' contracts. Which as is generally admitted in the game, are now vastly out of the proportion and only sustainable at the top level by TV money.
Wow. I thought I'd seen the worst straw clutching possible by Palace gimps on here already. But you keep upping your game. Chapeau!

No sign of Return of the **** though for some reason.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We? I mean Tony Bloom has got the stadium and the facilities. What does Brighton and Hove Albion actually OWN? Without legal/financial shackles like "secured on"?

The vast majority of the debt which was given up in 2010 was on players' contracts. Which as is generally admitted in the game, are now vastly out of the proportion and only sustainable at the top level by TV money.
We haven't followed the palace model of separating the ground ownership from the club ownership. Wasn't it Noades who owned Selhurst after he'd sold the club ?

I don't particularly care enough to be right about that, but it was something I heard. Maybe wrong.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We haven't followed the palace model of separating the ground ownership from the club ownership. Wasn't it Noades who owned Selhurst after he'd sold the club ?

I don't particularly care enough to be right about that, but it was something I heard. Maybe wrong.

The football club owns the ground by being part (majority owner) of the group that owns the ground.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

I think you need to re-read the thread title again. This is about your shambles of a football club, and the quite magnificent balls they are making of this season, I don't believe it has anything to do with financial matters at our club, that has been more than adequately covered on other threads.
So, how many more points will you get this season?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Unless the rules have changed, and I don't believe they have, the FA require all Footballing debt (ie that owed to players and other clubs) to still be paid in full in the event of administration. The agreement to pay this back has to be in place before the new club is allowed the golden share that enables it to play in the league. It's why HMRC are normally opposed to the company voluntary arrangement as they tend to lose more than most of the other creditors and have challenged this in court a couple of times.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
44 out of nearly 100, most of which were actually before World War Two. How many seasons in the last 50 years, pray?

And of those seasons in only TWO out of FIFTY did Albion play at a higher level.

44 out of nearly 100, most of which were actually before World War Two. How many seasons in the last 50 years, pray?

And of those seasons in only TWO out of FIFTY did Albion play at a higher level.

Well, since 1950/51 we've played in the same division for 25 seasons. Within that time we've played in a higher division for 6 seasons, and for 3 of those seasons we were 2 divisions above you. Out of the remaining 36 seasons, we had 14 without a stadium, so not exactly a level playing field (although managed to play in the same league for 2 seasons).

You might also find interesting that since the 1951/52 season, when in the same league, Albion have had the higher average attendances in 14 out of the 24 seasons, leaving Palace with 10, but as mentioned before, in those 10 in Palace's favour, for 2 of those seasons we didn't even have a stadium. For the last few seasons while you've been in a higher division, we've even had bigger crowds than you.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, Albion have done the double over Palace 7 times since the 50's.

Also, after all this time, we STILL have the better of the head to head record.

We've won the FA Charity Shield. You have not.

In summary, whichever league you're in, we will always be better.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Well, since 1950/51 we've played in the same division for 25 seasons. Within that time we've played in a higher division for 6 seasons, and for 3 of those seasons we were 2 divisions above you. Out of the remaining 36 seasons, we had 14 without a stadium, so not exactly a level playing field (although managed to play in the same league for 2 seasons).

You might also find interesting that since the 1951/52 season, when in the same league, Albion have had the higher average attendances in 14 out of the 24 seasons, leaving Palace with 10, but as mentioned before, in those 10 in Palace's favour, for 2 of those seasons we didn't even have a stadium. For the last few seasons while you've been in a higher division, we've even had bigger crowds than you.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, Albion have done the double over Palace 7 times since the 50's.

Also, after all this time, we STILL have the better of the head to head record.

We've won the FA Charity Shield. You have not.

In summary, whichever league you're in, we will always be better.

Well done stato, You managed to cherry pick a few stats where Albion have the upper hand. :clap:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well done stato, You managed to cherry pick a few stats where Albion have the upper hand. :clap:
Quite right, and in the interests of fairness we should mention a stat where you easily beat us....

Palace administrations 2-0 Brighton administrations

That's a drubbing for us Seagulls. Well done :bowdown:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If people can't stay on-topic (Surely Palace can't...qualify for Europe again) then they'll be kicked off the thread.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Well done stato, You managed to cherry pick a few stats where Albion have the upper hand

He's just correcting one of the other Palace gimps who insists on playing 'My knob's bigger than yours'

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Shall we just start with "league wins since Jan 2016"?

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

Probably the most important ones in a rivalry though.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Probably the most important ones in a rivalry though.
This. It is the BEST feature of our long running rivalry with Palace that we emphatically have had the upper hand in direct competition.

The play off semi-final defeat was (and still is) a massive blow but, provided the expected order of things does play out over the coming years, our happy position relative to them is very recoverable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here