Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Palace can't... 16/17

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Bitter pill for those who wrongly thought CP were going down.

Allerdyce, Zaha, Benteke, Cabaye, etc are top flight winners. Their bench was full of experienced PL players, LFC's youngsters.

Shows the massive jump up to the PL, where squads that survive have 18+ good to excellent players. the

Will they be able to keep that squad together, though?

Benteke off to China, Cabaye back to France, Zaha to Spurs, all have been mooted in the press this season.
A very interesting close season coming up for them.

But this would give them about £80m of fees to lump on new players.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Bitter pill for those who wrongly thought CP were going down.

Allerdyce, Zaha, Benteke, Cabaye, etc are top flight winners. Their bench was full of experienced PL players, LFC's youngsters.

Shows the massive jump up to the PL, where squads that survive have 18+ good to excellent players. the

Will they be able to keep that squad together, though?

Benteke off to China, Cabaye back to France, Zaha to Spurs, all have been mooted in the press this season.
A very interesting close season coming up for them.

Yes, and they will add quality this summer.

Allerdyce always persuades chairmen to spend, and he loves bringing in proven players from rivals.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
We are definitely getting relegated this season. I know this for a fact as read it on here.

Got to love this revisionism. No doubt you'll find one or two fans saying that but there's post after post predicting survival and merely hoping for relegation. Palace are so jammy that it was inevitable but it's been so much fun watching you struggle whilst we were flying.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Got to love this revisionism. No doubt you'll find one or two fans saying that but there's post after post predicting survival and merely hoping for relegation. Palace are so jammy that it was inevitable but it's been so much fun watching you struggle whilst we were flying.

They replaced the arrogant clown with a bloke that gets football results, with several months to do it in, they acquired quality players to shore up their shite defence.

Boro and Mackems have been far worse, and Hull/Swansea and now Burnley rarely win.

We may not like them, but there are 4 or 5 worse teams.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
They replaced the arrogant clown with a bloke that gets football results, with several months to do it in, they acquired quality players to shore up their shite defence.

Boro and Mackems have been far worse, and Hull/Swansea and now Burnley rarely win.

We may not like them, but there are 4 or 5 worse teams.

Agreed and I'm under no illusions that it's going to be a very tough season of adjusting next year. I'll be happy with 17th spot and a home win against Palace.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
We are definitely getting relegated this season. I know this for a fact as read it on here.

After the first half capitulation against Sunderland, most Palace fans thought you were relegated,and, weren't afraid of telling the players that, either. Just a real shame you got BFS in just in time, it would have been the sugar a on the top of the cherry, on the top of the cake, if you'd have gone.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015

Nothing to do with being jammy, we have a very good team. Unfortunately we were stuck with Pardew for far to long. Our last 6/7 games should prove how good the team is. I agree with you lot about Zaha though, he's shite.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I think it's you lot who will need the cuddle next year. Cannot wait to be honest to see how the sleeping giant that is BHA deal with the premier league, I'm expecting no less than 5th!

We will still beat your average attendance too! You know we are a bigger club than you!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I think it's you lot who will need the cuddle next year. Cannot wait to be honest to see how the sleeping giant that is BHA deal with the premier league, I'm expecting no less than 5th!

I don't think any real Albion fan is expecting an easy time of it next season, not many of us will be predicting a top eight finish, unlike some of your support were for you this season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here