Banned
Dec 10, 2015
How's the season going??

Adebyor or whatever he's called ....

Haha ....

You're an embarrassment to English football. :dunce:

Season = shite

Adebayor = Haven't got a clue and neither do I care

I'm not an embarrassment to English football, as I have never played at professional level. Apart from that, good post.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not ironic at all Trig. As I have said previously I'm looking forward to you going up this year so as we can see how it should be done.

How what should be done?

Season = shite

Adebayor = Haven't got a clue and neither do I care

I'm not an embarrassment to English football, as I have never played at professional level. Apart from that, good post.

When he said "you" it obviously meant Crystal Palace, but you knew that.

And if "you" aren't Crystal Palace, what are you doing here defending them?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
The 15/16 original of this thread was started in late January. We've already had 5 months of extra fun on this one.

Marvellous.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
SEPTEMBER:
Sunderland 2 Crystal Palace 3
Crystal Palace 4 Stoke 1
Middlesbrough 1 Crystal Palace 2

FEBRUARY:
Palace 0 Sunderland 4
Stoke 1 Palace 0
Palace v Boro (?)

Oh the longing for the Pardew era :jester:

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
Quote Originally Posted by Bob'n'weave View Post
YES PLEASE.
It would be lovely to see 'the dream' slowly deconstructed on NSC, just to make it official like.

Are we there yet?? How many more corners?? Are we there yet?

Can we have it in colour, with charts and pics and stuff. PLEEEAASE, are we there yet?

Week by week analysis please, with teams in bright red as they become impossible to catch. Can't be long now before the maths kicks in. This is better than Christmas, and I thought that was settled with the points in the entire league chart.

Mr Weave, I am afraid that I am no Excel/spreadsheet wizard. I would need to leave that to a much cleverer person than I to do that. I will just keep updating it game by game manually, unless someone out there feels the need to feed your quite understandable desire to see "The Dream" crash and burn via conditional formatting.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
The irony is you deflecting from your shit season by posting something about years in the top flight and then saying "Still tell yourself whatever comforts you."

How I am deflecting from it? We are playing shit, I have said we are playing shit. How more direct can I be. I merely posted the fact that for a team that are doing it the 'right way'. Which seems to be having a rich sugar daddy whom is losing millions every year(How much was your wage bill for last season again). Its very easy to take the piss, but the premier league chews you up and spots you out eventually.
But I keep reading about how when you go up you will stay up etc for supporters of a team whom have historically been lower than us at almost every point, I suppose you have to get your laughs somehow.
Either way, championship football next season will see both of our teams decimated.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
But I keep reading about how when you go up you will stay up etc for supporters of a team whom have historically been lower than us at almost every point, I suppose you have to get your laughs somehow.
Really? You keep reading that we will stay up? I haven't seen that once let alone the multiple times that you suggest but then I'm not on here as often as you. Care to link to a few - three would be sufficient to demonstrate your point?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh. Missed a page of the thread. Point still stands though.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
My father in law and brother in law are both season ticket holders at Palace and they both think they're going down. They said that even though they have the best individual players in years, there's just no team spirit. There's almost an air of resignation about their fate, although they do think they'll be playing us in the Championship next year!

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
How I am deflecting from it? We are playing shit, I have said we are playing shit. How more direct can I be. I merely posted the fact that for a team that are doing it the 'right way'. Which seems to be having a rich sugar daddy whom is losing millions every year(How much was your wage bill for last season again). Its very easy to take the piss, but the premier league chews you up and spots you out eventually.
Either way, championship football next season will see both of our teams decimated.

Championship football for you could quite easily see a hat-trick of administrations... CPFC2017 or CPFC2018 doesn't have the same ring to it...maybe you will wait for CPFC2020?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

You're picking up on a few very select posters if you are suggesting that, assuming we get there, we all think we will stay up. I'd be the first to admit it would be an extremely difficult season.

And yes, the pressure is definitely on us as much as yourselves in regards to what the summer would bring if we were both left disappointed. Altough, in your case, a clearout might be just the thing you need to get the fans back on board. When I watch your team I find myself being absolutely disgusted. Now I know in an entirely petulant world I should normally be all smiles and enjoying this kind of thing with regards to your club, but seeing how your players just simply do not give a **** doesn't sit well with me, and typifies the modern game.

I can't sympathise for quite a number of reasons though, you spent a huge amount of money on mercenary types and gambled big time on Benteke who i've never been convinced by. If by some miracle BFS keeps you up this season with that lot, I would be hoping for a clearout regardless.

Last edited:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Championship football for you could quite easily see a hat-trick of administrations... CPFC2017 or CPFC2018 doesn't have the same ring to it...maybe you will wait for CPFC2020?

I confess I am looking forward to seeing the cladding being repossessed, their one tangible asset from four years in the richest league in the world

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
My father in law and brother in law are both season ticket holders at Palace and they both think they're going down. They said that even though they have the best individual players in years, there's just no team spirit. There's almost an air of resignation about their fate, although they do think they'll be playing us in the Championship next year!

You see, here's the thing. There are players there with talent. But there's also a reason those same players either haven't succeeded, or never will succeed, at bigger clubs than Palace, and that's because their attitude and application isn't up there with the very best. Benteke is a great finisher when he's in the mood, but there's a reason why Liverpool were so happy to flog him. Cabaye: skilful but lazy, skulked out of Newcastle with little fanfare. Zaha: failed at United because of his poor attitude.

History is littered with talented fools who squandered their ability. Palace seem to be signing a few of them, perhaps in the hope of changing their ways. Great theory, but not the sort of player you want when the chips are down, surely?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How I am deflecting from it? We are playing shit, I have said we are playing shit.
So what were you posting a list about years in the top flight for?
I merely posted the fact that for a team that are doing it the 'right way'. Which seems to be having a rich sugar daddy whom is losing millions every year(How much was your wage bill for last season again).
We finished 3rd, we weren't even nearly in the top 3 spenders. I don't think any team can win promotion without losing money (or parachute payments), so yes you need a sugar daddy. And it's who, not whom.

Its very easy to take the piss, but the premier league chews you up and spots you out eventually.
But I keep reading about how when you go up you will stay up etc
Not from me you haven't. We don't even know if we'll get there, Huddersfield are looking very good right now and beat us easily a couple of weeks ago. And obviously any team that gets promoted will have to battle to avoid relegation.

for supporters of a team whom have historically been lower than us at almost every point
I don't think we've ever been as low as you, and I don't imagine we ever will.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here