Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do we need a defender in before Newcastle?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Wow!

Jamie @persandwichman
Kermorgant mashing [MENTION=1387]Rose[/MENTION]nior_liam23 was best thing he's ever done in his #readingfc career hope you snapped the ****'s ankle �������� #bhafc

FFS... this Reading fan really is scum... the 4 stars in this moron's tweet rhyme with 'hunt' BTW...

Don't give publicity to morons.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Was it them or him who didnt go for another contract. I see from Wiki he played 14 games and when googling his name it showed a report that Rangers are after him on one of the sites.
Doesn't really matter who decided not to have another contract. International CB without a contract at 31, after a long series of injuries, and a previous contract ended by mutual consent ........ all of those trigger alarm bells to me. Rangers? Uh-huh. Might do a job in the SPL I suppose. But so did young Hall.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Doesn't really matter who decided not to have another contract. International CB without a contract at 31, after a long series of injuries, and a previous contract ended by mutual consent ........ all of those trigger alarm bells to me. Rangers? Uh-huh. Might do a job in the SPL I suppose. But so did young Hall.

It could be that they wanted him but he thought that he could do better so didnt accept it. We dont need anybody to play 46 games a season but perhaps only 4 or 5 and be there to call on if needed.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It could be that they wanted him but he thought that he could do better so didnt accept it. We dont need anybody to play 46 games a season but perhaps only 4 or 5 and be thereon to call if needed.
As I said before, not a bad shout - but not for me. Too much of a potential sicknote.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I agree with this part and in the event that we are unable to bring in anyone new I think I would play Ince along side Dunk for this one game. I think giving a youngster a debut away at Newcastle could be disastrous. At least Ince would not suffer any nerves.

Ince always looks nervy these days, plus he has his court case looming. I would much rather see White given a run out because there is a good chance that he will rise to the occasion rather than fall.

I would play him and Dunk against Oxford and see how he gets on. Then come Saturday to play alongside Dunk and Bruno they will guide him well.

This is on the basis that we don’t get another CB, which I don't think we will.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here