crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Got rave reviews from the critics.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I quite enjoyed it, apart from the stupid unrealistic scene in the church TTF refers to in this thread.

You mean the idea that a woman as stunning as that would be with James Nesbitt? I agree completely.

Also, the scene a couple of weeks ago when they watched the Man United game in the pub, and Nesbit attempted to lead the "crowd" in a series of songs that no football supporter would ever sing. I found that a bit cringeworthy.

I'm surprising myself by quite enjoying it, even though I do find myself thinking a lot of what happens is crushingly predictable. Hermione Norris is fabulous, & Fay Ripley has also been excellent so far.

I'm sure it'll all pan out exactly as we expect it to in the end, but it's harmless, easy watching, and, in the main, very well acted.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You mean the idea that a woman as stunning as that would be with James Nesbitt? I agree completely.

You mean like this couple?

attachment.php

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Also, the scene a couple of weeks ago when they watched the Man United game in the pub, and Nesbit attempted to lead the "crowd" in a series of songs that no football supporter would ever sing. I found that a bit cringeworthy.

I'm surprising myself by quite enjoying it, even though I do find myself thinking a lot of what happens is crushingly predictable. Hermione Norris is fabulous, & Fay Ripley has also been excellent so far.

I'm sure it'll all pan out exactly as we expect it to in the end, but it's harmless, easy watching, and, in the main, very well acted.

Agree with all of that. It's all very watchable yet entirely predictable.

Except one thing. I can't stand Art Malik, wooden Asian actor supreme. I hope his character dies in a helicopter crash in the next episode.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Never watched this. Going to get the box set today

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I like it. Always have.

Gentle Monday evening viewing which makes a change from miserable dramas or documentaries about dysfunctional members of the Royal Family.

Adam was a serious knob last night though....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I like it. Always have.

Gentle Monday evening viewing which makes a change from miserable dramas or documentaries about dysfunctional members of the Royal Family.

Adam was a serious knob last night though....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here, it is quite amusing and good start to the week.

Bathurst sat next to me on the train back from MUFC - he is a BHAFC fan and goes when he can, nice bloke and had a conversation about the Albion but he could not go to MUFC away as filming the new series.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here